Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Apps installing without permission

(Topic created on: 04-25-2021 07:01 PM)
MSaiCharan
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Store (Apps & more)
Day-by-day it's being routine to see new apps in my M21 being installed without asking my permission and even a notification. Such a cheap trick from Samsung. Everyday it's installing some new app. If a software update completes then you'll find 2 to 3 apps already installed and 3 to 5 more on their way to install.

Please suggest me some ways to stop these.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RufusM31s
Expert Level 4
Go to settings>Apps>search "app cloud">tap on it>then disable. Now no more apps will be installed automatically...

View solution in context

Solution
døpedædə
Active Level 8
Disable app cloud from apps section

View solution in context

7 Comments
Jassimsheik28
Active Level 8
It will automatically download from app cloud after update
Strangeneria
Expert Level 5
It want to test your brain 🤣
Solution
RufusM31s
Expert Level 4
Go to settings>Apps>search "app cloud">tap on it>then disable. Now no more apps will be installed automatically...
Solution
døpedædə
Active Level 8
Disable app cloud from apps section
Flyboy217
Beginner Level 2

Weird this was even allowed. Just had two apps I never installed previously randomly install on me after a recent update. Solitare and this other random mobile game. Legonds I think it was called. Wasn't there supposed to be FCC laws preventing this BS? I may end up switching phones after this. I think if Samsung allows this its probably time to start boycotting them till they stop. Lots of other non Samsung Android phones out there we can switch to.

julesv
Beginner Level 3

It should be illegal, shouldn't it, but someone forgot to tell the Samsung Legal department? In the race for profits against cheaper Chinese competitors, Samsung has stomped over their own customers privacy.

Samsung have become more unscrupulous in this regard. Just when people thought they could control what gets installed on their phones, by either disabling the Samsung Store, they do this!

Samsung is very sneaky indeed. They offloaded the job of installing Crapware such as "Candy Crush" and "Coin Master" to a built-in app called AppCloud. Don't know when the fk this came into existence, but it's there now, and it automatically downloads **bleep**!t just after a system update. You can't stop it, except by locating an obscure setting somewhere. There is no option "automatic crapware updates" in the settings. 

This tells me Samsung will do ANYTHING to get around comeptition and privacy laws, just to make a few bucks from these **bleep**!tware apps, many of which have vulnerabilities and are Spyware themselves.

It also tells me that I will be moving away from Samsung phones for good. Aside from their nice hardware, the software side of things is just becoming too much to manage. There are 3 email apps, 3 messaging apps, 3 app stores, automatic downloads, chinese mini-apps where (Storage Performance monitor), and a bunch of bloatware which can NOT be uninstalled or removed by a regular user.

The only way to make Samsung phones nice to use is to Root them or use another ROM, but then you don't get the Samsung services like FindMyMobile (which are one of the Samsung's selling points. It's a No-Win for me, so I will be going to another brand. Fk samsung.

0 Likes
julesv
Beginner Level 3

And here's where it gets creepier.

Samsung have installed some crappy apps for the UN. There is a "Samsung Global Goals" pushing the 17 UN sustainable principles. If I wanted political bias built-into my phone I wouldn't asked for it, go away Samsung and the UN!

0 Likes