Original topic:

why s23 Plus display has dull colors than previous models (s20+)

(Topic created on: 02-22-2023 02:04 AM)
Viz
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I previously had s20+ and recently got my s23+ but seems like s20+ had better colors than s23+ which is post three generation model. I checked it very carefully with other phones as well if you compare like galaxy fold etc. The colors there are more vivid and better looking. I even compared s23 ultra with s22 ultra and fold as well all previous generation phones had better colors than s23. (from Samsung store, I even asked the store guy and he couldn't amswer this but admit that previous gen had better colors).The difference is so much that when I side by side put s20+ and s23+, it feel s20+ is the newer phone and s23+ is older.

is this the reason because 
Galaxy S23 uses OLED screen with new materials for higher power efficiency (https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s23-oled-new-materials-higher-power-efficiency/#:~:text=Accord....)

Then this is a major drawback for the whole s23 lineup and I am so not happy with this screen quality downgrade and would like to return my s23+. 
- What do you guys think could be the reason?
- Can this be rectified in further updates
- What if they are not able to rectify since they have used new technology for display?

I have used all the possible settings and screen is on Vivid mode.

28 Comments
_Sara_
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Check the settings if the screen mode is set on vividScreenshot_20230222_022525_Settings_1000016689_1677012925.jpg
0 Likes
Viz
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
checked all settings and is on vivid mode still there is so much difference. Soon people will find this out. I am amazed how no one noticed this? maybe it's too early
atechfreak
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I noticed a massive downgrade of screen colours from S10 to S23. S10 display looks way more better than S23 display.

As a matter of fact S23 only sports full HD resolution where as S10 also supports the same resolution that S23 ultra supports.

Samsung has used the marketing gimmick of 1750 nits brightness to over shadow the other real technical aspects.

Besides over the time you will get used to the new colour tones on the S23.

Samsung has given more priority to battery life as that was a major complain by all S series users.

They had to compromise somewhere to give better battery life.

Hope you get used to your new S23 device display & enjoy it.
Viz
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thanks for acknowledging. I found that I am not alone. Thinking to return it. s20+ is working fine with better screen that I am highly concerned about.
0 Likes
praveen212
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
If samsung downgraded hardware in current generation to improve battery life, why they asking even higher price for these products.
Same hardware we can get in 40-50k mobile. But Samsung charging 95k for full hd downgraded screen.
Don't know how they justifying extra 45k than other brands.

I planned to upgrade from s20 plus to s23 plus but price is too high. Even S23 ultra is better value for money
0 Likes
atechfreak
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
May be inflation & more expensive processor.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Samsung is charging the premium for software experience. Which is the same reason most people are buying them at these inflated prices. You can compromise somewhat on hardware but software experience is make or break deal imho.
0 Likes
Viz
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
why no one is talking about this issue? I'm not understanding. There's hell and heaven difference between the two displays.
abbishek091
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
This is happening because samsung giving this year a new feature called vision booster that boost colors according to ambient and enhanced better hdr that's why you seen s23's display dull.
0 Likes