Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

update on galaxy S9 with battery improvement

(Topic created on: 08-09-2020 09:51 PM)
jeansboy
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I'm a galaxy S9 user. I love this phone and want use it for 2 years more. The small form factor is what I like the most. But I hate how the phone's battery last. It gives me only 5-6 hours for average usage and 8-9 hours of normal usage with the compromise of screen resolution. I had to reduce it to 1080p even sometimes 720p. This is very poor battery back up. I know it has a small 3000mah battery. But what I expect is with this small display and good battery improvement it can at least run 14 hours. Please Samsung do something good for a flagship device. It's not cheap phone. It's a very expensive one and don't abandon this device. Please give an update with battery improvement. 
22 Comments
veer
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
i suggest you go to service center reinstall software or wait for next update and also send feedback to samsung via member app
jeansboy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
will reinstall software can resolve the battery drain issue?
0 Likes
veer
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
may be sometime happened if you downloaded from you mobile data and intall with serives center
veer
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
also send feeback to samung via member app regarding your battery issue
jeansboy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
yes.. sent it
0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
I am also using same device my device battery like champion because I allaways use smart switch to install software or odin flash...and i want to my keep my device for long....now a days next flagship means bogus useless device
jeansboy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
how did you do this? can you guide me. apart from the battery everything is awesome on this device.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
smart switch and pc is actually and recommended process to install software in Samsung devices not mobile data or wifi which welcome software holes and gives this type of issue only because Samsung provides non A/ B partition Type Ota software not like other companies A/B partition Type hence simply mobile data or wifi is not proper process.. turn on smart switch on mobile....same version install in pc ...connect through otg cable ..automatically pc detect if there is any software update available...click to install it....or flash device from Samsung service center....don't install software by using mobile data or wifi....Samsung introduced smart switch that people can get software holes free highest performance of device. but people do same mistakes repeatedly and facing different types of issues in devices by which this forum is full with
jeansboy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
thanks man.. I hope it helps.. and will flashing software via pc void warranty? I've extra 1 year samsung warranty.
0 Likes