Original topic:

solutions for usual problems in s9/s9+

(Topic created on: 01-16-2019 02:28 PM)
Simbalionet
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
Problem #1 – Display issues galaxy s9 plus problems - display issues A slew of display issues have cropped up with these devices. They are some of the most common Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus problems out there. Black crush issue Quite a few users have reported a problem where the display has difficulty revealing details in darker areas of videos, showing blocks of black or pixelated images instead. This issue is mostly seen with the larger Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus and at low brightness levels. Potential solutions: Luckily, a software fix should resolve this issue and will hopefully be rolled out soon. Until then, a temporary fix is available by using an app called Screen Balance, which gives you complete control over features like white balance, tint, color filters, and brightness. You can download the app from the Google Play Store here. Screen brightness automatically adjusts and becomes too dim Some users have reported that when they unlock the device at night or in a dark environment, the screen automatically becomes dimmer, even though settings like Auto Brightness and Blue Light mode (Night mode) are disabled. Potential solutions: This problem seems to happen to users who have restored the settings and apps from a previous device which had Night mode enabled. Unfortunately, the only way to fix this issue, for now, is to perform a Factory Reset (you can find the instructions on how to do so below). During the setup process, make sure to uncheck “Restore system settings.” You will still be able to restore your apps as you did before. The display appears to have a yellow tint A few users have reported seeing a yellow tint on the screen. For this you can install the screen balance app from Google play store. 
 Potential solutions: You can try changing the color balance by going to Settings > Display > Color Mode and manually adjusting the RGB spectrum until the screen looks better. If that doesn’t help and the issue persists, the only option may be to pick up a replacement. Dead zone on the screen One of the more widely discussed Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 problems so far has been the dead zone on the screen that some users have found. An entire section of the display seems to be unresponsive.

Potential solutions: First, check whether you do have a dead zone on the screen or not. Open the Dialer and call *#0*# to launch the hardware diagnostics page. Open the Touch option. Now, swipe your finger across all sections of the screen to check whether an area is unresponsive. If it is, this makes you eligible for a replacement from Samsung. In case there isn’t a dead zone, the issue may be related to touch sensitivity, particularly if you have a screen protector in place. Go to the Settings menu and open Advanced Features. Scroll down, find Touch Sensitivity, and enable it. Read Next: Best Samsung Galaxy S9 Screen protectors

Problem #2 – Keyboard not working galaxy s9 plus problems - keyboard not working Some users have found that the keyboard doesn’t open as expected when trying to enter your PIN or password to unlock the phone.

Potential solutions: Many assume this could be because of the dead zone problem mentioned above. The solution is actually a lot simpler and basically involves enabling a setting that should have been activated by default. Go to Settings > Apps and open the Advanced Settings menu by tapping on the three vertical dots at the top right corner. Tap on Show System Settings and scroll down to Samsung Keyboard. Scroll down to Advanced Settings and grant the permission for “Apps that can appear on top.” This should fix the problem. The permission should be allowed by default, but may not be in this case. This permission is required even if you install a third-party keyboard. 

TBC in the next post. 

14 Comments
YRSS
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Good solution
Simbalionet
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
thank you :)
0 Likes
Simbalionet
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Thank you
0 Likes
Awesom0123
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Good solution
0 Likes
Simbalionet
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
thank you :)
0 Likes
renu1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I have a s9 plus, the problem is whenever i restart my phone , my play store is unable to apps after restating . It just says downloading but doesn't . It startts downloading after a few mins . like 20 to 30mins . I have tried clearing cache data from playstore, framework , play services , download manager and even did a factory reset . still persists . Whenever I restart , I am unable to use play store. should I replace my mobile as it's within replacement.
0 Likes
Simbalionet
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
factory reset it ,you might be able to resolve this issue
0 Likes
he2
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
when Samsung gonna solve this black crush issue ? of s9?
0 Likes
Simbalionet
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theandroidsoul.com/galaxy-s9-display-issue-fix-black-crush-and-gradient-banding/amp/

issue is fixed ,click on the above link for more information
0 Likes