Original topic:

security updates issue

(Topic created on: 08-06-2020 05:19 AM)
DANP
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
My s9+ wont get any security updates after upating android 10 update.when i check ota its shows already updated..but my last securty patch version is january..anyone have any idea about the issue??

Looking for help
15 Comments
BlackDemon223
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
As I checked the last OTA update for s9+ was released in 21 st of july(for the slk region).If you want to manually update follow this.

1.Backup your data using samsung smart switch to the sd or to an external usb drive.(This method wont wipe your device but its better to have a backup if anything goes sideways)

2.Download the latest firmware from sammobile for your model with matching csc.(you can find your csc code under Aboutphone->software info.-> service provider...
its an three letter code. ex- SLK which means sri lanka)

3.download odin (The software used to flash the firmware)

4.Extract the firmware and there will be 5 files but we only want 4 from odin locate the extracted files .
This is the part you can choose whether you want to fully wipe your device or not.
You will see there are two files named

CSC and HOME_CSC

If you choose HOME_CSC it will not wipe your data and update as an OTA.
If you choose CSC your device will be fully wiped.

After that put the device into Download mode and connect it to the computer.you should see the com port on odin.If you dont see that install samsung usb drivers.

To go to download mode - Turn off your device then press bixby key + volume down + power key at the same time.Then follow the onscreen instructions.

I highly reccomend you to watch a youtube video because its a very easy task but it may be seem very hard because the way I have instructed😅.

But dont forget these.

1.Backup
2.Download the correct firmware matching your current csc.
3.Choose the HOME_CSC if you want to keep your files and apps.

DANP
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
i using my device on sri lanka.but my setting shows on sw version SLK/SLK,XFE/XFE. what can be my csc?
BlackDemon223
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Its because OXM multi csc firmware samsung started with the s8. you can flash the SLK fimware without a problem.
DANP
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
ok thanks.finally the method you told me is there any harmful to the device?because i never try this method before..
BlackDemon223
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Nope. There are no halmful effects.🙂But take a backup anyways.😁
0 Likes
DANP
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
i need to update for june security update becuase its one ui 2.1..
nipoo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I'm recommending you to go and ask from the nearest customer service centre.
DANP
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
they also told same thing.the issue is my s9+ is a multi csc..country is south africa.but i using in sri lanka with the sri lankan sim card..
nipoo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
What they told to you for get the update?

I don't know is this working. Try a VPN with changing the location to South Africa. Make sure to use use a WiFi connection without inserting a sim card and with Airplane mode. Also turn of location.