Original topic:

screen burn in issue

(Topic created on: 07-30-2020 10:21 AM)
Himanshuvarma99
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

After 2 years &3 month usage suddenly  got display issues
While I was using WhatsApp green screen appeared with horizontal lines then i increased the brightness  with the help of Google assistant. Then I factory reseted the phone because  i thought  this was an software issue but it didn't  get better. Finally after learning  about this problem i found this is known as screen burn in. In which pixels are get burned.

Now
Phone is working  ok on high and low brightness  but green screen appears on mid brightness. And colors also looks faded. & there is also ghost screen on 

I was hoping  it will be repaired for free as I would  consider this in manufacturing  defect.
But i know how brands T&C works. So there is very less chances.

I was also scared after this problem because in my family  all have Samsung  phone with amoled display. And that was pretty  expensive.

0 Likes
22 Comments
Tejdeepk
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
a quick temporary fix: Go to Settings > Display Settings > Screen Mode > select Adaptive Display and change white balance to cool.
once this is done, you can set the display brightness from 0 to 15% and 90 to 100%. you'll not experience discoloring and yellowish screen only at those percentages and beyond 15 to 89% (approx percentages) will bring back those issues on screen. some one in another channel has shared this and I'm using it from last 1to2 days and it worked for me. try it out and let me know.
0 Likes
shubh18
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
facing d same issue on my s8 plus...I think many of d samsung users are facing this...i m a moderate user and have never played games gor more than 10 mins in my phone neither watches to many contents
it's quite pathetic to see that a phone costing 64000 and its screen deteriotes in just 2 years...I m facing this from january...
we should definitely reach to samsung...otherwise this will continue..

if any one have the idea, please tag sansung here or start a poll on twitter and tag samsung India ceo and paste the link here..we will join
i dont know how to do otherwise I would have done this...
please guys
0 Likes
cs_member9
Active Level 7
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please perform the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

1. Adjust the brightness
Settings > Display > Adjust the brightness.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes