Original topic:

samsung s20 FE Battery Fast drain and Heating problem

(Topic created on: 10-26-2020 06:59 PM)
KrishanuDebnath
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
samsung S20 FE Battery Fast drain and Heating problem.... I'm using last 3 days and I don't know what to do with this mobile 😫 😩 😫 😩 please samsung help me out
45 Comments
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
one of the main reasons of battery drain is even you close apps but they uses ur battery and running in background unnecessary, see image and read the statement.
2nd due to huge notification enable.
for e.g ; Google has huge notification which we don't need at all see image just scroll down image and check how many notification it does have.
So do these settings to stop, which consume unnecessarily.

1. Connection>more connections settings> disable nearby device settings

2. Location>improve accuracy >disable
A. Wifi scanning
B. Bluetooth scanning .
Screenshot_20200909-020608_Settings_60630.jpgScreenshot_20200731-222607_Settings_58499.jpg
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Besides above settings do some more settings to save more battery life and observe for next 1-2 days, it will give a noticeable difference

3. Device care>battery >power mode>select "optimised" and "adaptive power saving".

And then click on "app power management >
And enable these 2 options.
A. Adaptive battery
B. Put Unused Apps to Sleep.

4. Long press on each app specially 3rd party(LIKE FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE) and rarely used apps and also ON "GOOGLE APP" as well, then click on>app info> then go to these 3 options below on by one

A. Mobile data> allow background data usage>off

B. Battery >allow background activity >off

C. Notification >disable unnecessary notifications like promotional and unnecessary reminder notifications.

5. Go to settings >apps>search "weather" >click on settings icon right side > change "auto refresh" settings as per your requirements and disable some unnecessary reminder. ( due to auto refresh it continuously consuming battery?)

6. If you use Facebook frequently then disable "auto play video"
And if you are mostly uses mobile, on wifi connection then also disable "auto play videos" in YouTube.

7. Google >click on 3dot>usage and diagnostics >off this option.
Galaxy S
I do understand the draining issue of the handset. But what about the heating problem? It gets so hot when talking to someone that it feels like my ears are going to burn. Any solutions??
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
first do above settings it may also help in heating
but as you said during call so it may also coz of network fluctuations
but any how do these and observe 1-2 days and observe the things
0 Likes
Milind06
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
i understand totally it totally bro here there are 2 main reasons
1.refresh rate
2. exynos
the refresh rate really takes a dig at battery life
sometimes even snapdragon is not able to handle power consumption of 120hz refresh rate
best example in this case was s20-line up devices and note 20 devices
with exynos though they have bigger batteries most of them arent even able to achieve 6hours of SOT but snapdragon variants easily pulled off 7-8 hours with 120hz. now
how can we even think of exynos with FE
All you have to do is let ur phone learn usage pattern. and turn on adaptive power saver that might help
With snapdragon samsung can pull of great Screen on time
but with exynos u need to wait for some time u need software updates to fix battery drain
more updates better devices.
u can look at s10 lite it has sd 855 battery life is greatest ever from the beginning now too its performing like a gem.
samsung really should have given snapdragon 865 in this price point
same exynos 990 for 50k, where s20+ has same specs of s20fe for similar pricing anyways build quality is good in s20+ gorilla glass 6, glass back and same dex features, software upgrades are same in s20+ and FE. i didnt understand y people are going for s20 fe.
even u get great quality accessories with s20 plus. akg earplugs,fast charger..etc
s20fe with snapdragon wouldve made sense
with exynos its a BIG NO
sukanta1986
Active Level 4
Galaxy S

I also purchased the device 4 days back and now regret myself... Samsung should replace all the handset with atleast sd865 version .. because if you see we have lots of options under 50k with sd865..

Galaxy S
I do understand the draining issue of the handset. But what about the heating problem? It gets so hot when talking to someone that it feels like my ears are going to burn. Any solutions??
0 Likes
sukanta1986
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Sir, please visit local Samsung service center, today I visited and they updated the full pakage of os, now the handset seems to be heating less..
0 Likes
Galaxy S

Kya solution mila ??

0 Likes