Original topic:

s20 ultra lte - network packet drop issue

(Topic created on: 06-17-2020 01:25 PM)
VRao
★★
Options
Galaxy S
It appears that my s20 ultra lte varient seems to have network packet drop issues.
The issue was found while trying to play PubG Mobile on the smartphone n the app kept saying that thr network connection was lost and kept freezing every 10 seconds. The issue is gone if game was played by keeping the phone in airplane mode with wifi on.
I also see a toast from time to time showing "Refreshing sim data".
I have tried resetting the network settings, using the sims on s10+ (no issues), factory resetting twice, interchanging sim in slots, resetting apn settings etc. Nothing seems to help.

Any1 else facing the issue?
Is this a software bug for the ultra? I have the may security patch installed! 
13 Comments
justSingh
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
you can quickly fix it using this widget. it will help you to have good network experience while using games.

safe and ads free widget

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kliksob.forgswitch

firstly open it and take screen shots of default settings then change network mode to LTE For games
Galaxy S
The app seemed to work at first.. But then i am back to square 1 on this... This is probably somethin Samsung has to fix with a software update... Its annoying n i see the 5g varients also seem to be having similar issues with network for 4g/lte...
Samsung, do somethin.. And fast!
0 Likes
anupbharadwaj
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
are you using VI Network
Galaxy S
Yea.. But i experience the same on Jio and also on Wifi... It appears to have reduced now with the one ui 3.1 now..
0 Likes
justSingh
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
yup may be like i have heating issues with s20 plus it can be fixed by software but they are not working on it
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Hmm.. Heats up during photography... Like a tawa! 😅 But diring gaming in my config, it doesnt exceed 42 degrees... Checked it... However, its an exynos issue!
0 Likes
justSingh
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
it's 39° temp in my town and mobile touches 42° with normal use and 39° max in ac room while gaming
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Nonetheless, this isnt causing the issue.. I hav no problem with any other game.. Only with battle royale ones where constant network connection is necessary.
0 Likes
justSingh
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
submit your bug issue report