Did you mean: 

Original topic:

s20+ new os

(Topic created on: 12-30-2020 02:13 PM)
Tose
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi I'm having a problem with the new os update on the s20+, the battery seems to be draining way faster than normal and the phone heats up quite alot. Before the update the phone was running well. Also noticed the phone is lagging quite alot. I am on WhatsApp if anyone could help assist with this solution. +265888777321.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Maps_sam07
Options
Galaxy S

Hi  Tose 

Please try the following troubleshooting steps: 

1. Please go to Settings>>Apps>> Tap on the 3 dots on the top right corner>>Show System Apps>> Software Update>> Storage>> Clear Cache.

2. Then please perform a soft reset of your device.

Press and hold the power and volume down buttons for about 10 seconds.

*The device may take a screenshot, however keep holding the buttons for a few more seconds.

If the issue still persists you may take the device to teh service center for a software reload. To locate a center near you, please visit the link below: 

https://www.samsung.com/za/support/service-centre/

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Comments
Solution
Maps_sam07
Options
Galaxy S

Hi  Tose 

Please try the following troubleshooting steps: 

1. Please go to Settings>>Apps>> Tap on the 3 dots on the top right corner>>Show System Apps>> Software Update>> Storage>> Clear Cache.

2. Then please perform a soft reset of your device.

Press and hold the power and volume down buttons for about 10 seconds.

*The device may take a screenshot, however keep holding the buttons for a few more seconds.

If the issue still persists you may take the device to teh service center for a software reload. To locate a center near you, please visit the link below: 

https://www.samsung.com/za/support/service-centre/

0 Likes
Tose
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hi, I have checked for such an option but can't seem to see it. Also please note this is android 3.0.
Before I'd use my phone at this time the battery would usually be at 50-40 percent but now its already at 19 but with the same usage
0 Likes
Masanza1
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Try to backup your data on SmartSwitch using a computer then erase your phone this should resolved your problem. Please click the 3dots to accept solution to help others
0 Likes