Original topic:

s10 lite video recording!

(Topic created on: 08-15-2020 03:55 PM)
sk04
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Can someone tell me how can i record 4k video with super steady on.
Actually i saw a YouTube comperison of s10lite and note 20 ultra, the person was running and he said video is getting recorded at 4k 30fps and it was very comparable.
Now, when i m recording 4k 30fps video and running, its shaking too much.
So what i have to do to correct/enable it?
And 4k 30fps is available on super steady or not?

0 Likes
10 Comments
mouniks
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
0 Likes
mouniks
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Hi
0 Likes
RaMa3108
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Hello
0 Likes
RaMa3108
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
How are you?
0 Likes
sakthikings
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
r u male or female
0 Likes
Pd810
Active Level 6
Galaxy S

Hello, after the april securicy update the super steady ois when 4k 30fps was added. It is super steady ois and it is enabled automatically when you choose 4k 30fps. This ois is using the gimball, so it is the hardware image stabilization. Also you can choose super steady video at fhd, and this is only electronic image stabilization, it is using the ultra wide camera and trim the image to make it looks steady. Hope I explained it to you clearly ;)

sk04
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
when i choose that hand icon video resolution turn to fhd and supersteady gets enabled and it is good, but i have to choose 4k 30fps from settings for record in 4k with ois right???
and how do i confirm that it is utilising ois?
0 Likes
Pd810
Active Level 6
Galaxy S

You know it because, when you look at the camera and move the device a little you see that tha main camera is moving and secondly when you choose 4k 60fps there is a warning sign that ois is not supported when recording 4k 60fps

0 Likes
BespoKeSoul
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
In S10 Lite Super Steady OIS and Super Steady mode are two different features. Super Steady OIS is a hardware enabled feature and is enabled across all resolutions and is automatically enabled when you record a video. When you open the camera app and are using the main 48MP sensor to shoot, if you look at the camera modules, you will be able to see the central module moving in opposite direction you move your phone, that's Super Steady OIS in action.

Whereas Super Steady mode is a software enabled feature and as far as I can see it only works in 1080p resolution. You can enable it in the video viewfinder by touching the hand button towards the top. It turns yellow when it's on. Also, keep in mind, Super Steady OIS and Super Steady mode doesn't work together. You can use only one at a time.