Savannah
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy S
I am having this issue from day one of unboxing this phone. Whenever I am typing a word and hit space bar, it automatically inserts a period. Even when I've not finished the sentence. Whenever I hit space bar it will insert period.

And strange thing is that this is happening not just with the default keyboard, but all other keyboards I've tried.

First I reset the default keyboard to see if that solves the issue. It didn't. So I installed Gboard thinking maybe the default one has fault. But the fault was in my stars and Gboard had the same issue. It'll automatically insert a period. 

Then I tried Swiftkey and Microsoft keyboard, all having same issue. 

Everything else works fine but this inserting of a period after every word is so annoying. I have to type fast to reply someone but I had to waste to much time in going back, removing the period, then write again, then go back, remove period..argh..

I have done everything, resenting, re launching, cleaning cache, data, nothing worked. 

This is very annoying as I can't type properly. I also tried the screen sensitivity settings. I've even removed the automatic insert a period option from all keyboards, still it does that!

Anyone else facing this? Is there an issue with the touch sensor as all keyboards cannot have same issue?
3 Comments
aapamogh
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
having this issue since recent update of touch and keypad not working like previous version update or patch update
Savannah
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy S
but I have this issue since day one
0 Likes
cs_member10
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused to you and request you kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > ask question), so that we can assit you accordingly.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support