Original topic:

s10 lite security + ui 2.1 update

(Topic created on: 05-08-2020 08:07 PM)
dipgggg05
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Event countries like Pakistan also got latest update at least aplril security  update on 5th may 2020. But market like India,  which is one of the biggest market  in smartphones industry.... Samsung do not care at all...
13 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Aao
0 Likes
RaMa3108
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
A real company are known as when the problem is going on and how they treat us by giving service and lockdown is a reason for company.
0 Likes
RaMa3108
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
So it is confirm that Samsung has a big market in India and they are taking us for granted.
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
They're taking time to remove bugs, update will come soon please have patience.
0 Likes
Rishi4D
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
This must be because of Lockdown..Please Check Sammobile, open any phone's firmware release history, check the dates for India and other countries, they always update Indian Phones faster than any other countries in Asia except S.Korea which is their home country. Why would Samsung suddenly stop all its phone's updates in India, why would they do it? Did you also ever see this happen with Samsung previously? This must be because of the strict lockdown India is observing. Other countries are not that strict in case of lockdown, their economies are still active while we have suspended all economic activities. They even released a notice for India ONLY, that the One UI2 update will be delayed because of Lockdown. Please try to understand, nd don't compare us with Pakistan please. Its a request.
dipgggg05
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
no comparison with Pakistan bro... it was just my opinion that they got the update for s10 lite..but we still not...anyway i have faith with Samsung they will give us bugs free update very soon
Savannah
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
are you paid by Samsung or real customer? I see your same post in almost all queries related to updates? 🤔😅. Lockdown cannot have impact on one brand differently than another. If one brand is able to give regular updates even in such situations then surely a big brand like Samsung can also. It cannot happen that only Samsung phones are affected by this lockdown while other brands are still operating and helping customers in every possible way. Rule is same for all. It can't be that its stricter for Samsung while loose for Apple, Oneplus. So please stop this bs excuse of lockdown, only fools will buy it. The main issue is Samsung's attitude for Indian customers has always been like this. And the notification was for one ui 2.0 updates for those mobiles which had not got it, not for one ui 2.1 updates or monthly security updates. Samsung has made no official comments regarding not providing security updates or one ui 2.1 updates so don't make excuses and assumptions on your own
Rishi4D
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
@Savannah I am not defending Samsung rather trying to say people that this hasn't happened ever before this..Now I wanna know if youre being paid by OnePlus or Apple to spread propaganda in Samsung Community. I do never compare Samsung with others, I never asked anyone to buy Samsung products, You're accusing me because I am speaking the truth and that extends to Samsung. Believe whatever u wanna believe, i don't give a fcuk and will continueto do this. Coming to other brands, no brand other than Samsung has is global brand and operates regionally. Like Xiaomi, Oppo, Realme, even 1+ softwares are developed in China then sent here to rollout but with Samsung it's different and made both in Korea and India..And lol Is Samsung a person that it will have attitude problem? haha Deals doesn't work this way, you buy a product from a global brand. It won't just discriminate on the basis of your country. This doesn't happen..People at Samsung are clearly war smarter than you, and the notice may be for One UI 2, but that was because One UI 2.0 is a major upgrade that's why they made it clear. Here I haven't got any updates for 2 months, even my phone is entitled to get thr 2.1 but Samsung didn't sent any notice so does that mean Samsung is pushing cos i didn't get amy any update. Lockdown is a major reason, accept that or leave it, idc whatever you believe. Don't say me this is their attitude problem or other stupid dumb reasons. Wake Up
HrishabhBagwe
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
@Rishi26
Software updates are rolled out through portal..and according to my knowledge S10 lite was promised to receive monthly security patches but no comment done on that by Samsung later.

On basis of my last communication with Samsung officials...S10 lite will not be getting extended support.

one ui 2.1 will be the last major update..and it will receive in India till September end or October beginning.

Peace.🙂