Original topic:

s10 lite biometrics major issues

(Topic created on: 07-01-2020 01:32 PM)
ahmed1smael
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I am having a real problem with my s10 lite biometrics. I came from another android phone and would rather not to say the name so I won't be accused of being biased. 

I registed face unlock, fingerprints with so many ways and tries. Ok it unlocks but its so annoying it so slow and unlock after multiples tries. Forget about the screen protectors because the problem is with and without screen protectors (although there is no recommended protectors or authorised sellers for this phone as far as I know).

Face unlock : what is this ? Who made it ? Why is it so bad implementation? I mean I ticked all boxes to make it less secure in order to unlock faster, no chance.

I just want a quick way to my phone please, i didnt have that problem from my phone of 2018 generation and I am having this issue with in 2020 ?

I am now really thinking to get rid of it, this is actually blocking my work and giving me bad experience.

I wish I get feedback, and I wish it to be yes there is a fix coming rather than do that and do this. This is a £600 phone not a cheap phone.

0 Likes
4 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
I admit we get fingerprint errors if we directly try to unlock using fingerprint via Always on Display screen. But if we double tap screen and use fingerprint on the lockscreen the fingerprint detection is much better this way. This is my experience. Don't know about others. Haven't used face unlock till now though. Also haven't removed the screen protection that was pre applied on the device.
0 Likes
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologies for your inconvenience. Please perform the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

1. To improve recognition performance, register fingerprints of the hand used most often to perform tasks on the device.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
ahmed1smael
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

For anyone watching this thread I have seen this trick on youtube (s10) and been trying for couple of days on my s10 lite, its better now I hope everyone can give it a try and share their results, I will share my results two weeks from now:

https://youtu.be/X9y--nHmaco

0 Likes
ahmed1smael
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Update: fingerprint unlock is still giving hard times, its less of an issue now because I kind of learnt how to use it (still getting a lot of failed attempts). That shouldnt be the case though, when I unlock my phone I shouldnt be thinking too much how to make sure I hit it the correct way. I hope we get a permanent fix. Its optical sensor and many companies have doen right years ago. Please fix.

0 Likes