Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
"Fingerprint sensor not working. If this keeps happening, restart your phone."
9 Comments
itsj
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
If the phone drop, go to service center check out ur display for safe side. If there is no damage then look for some software update, still not working then you need a new fingerprint sensor.

I advice to go to nearest samsung service center
0 Likes
KamrulCox
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
No drop, no damage. It's happened after software update. I googled and followed all the steps. No good luck.
0 Likes
itsj
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
i can understand your frustation. Did you try to downgrade and wait for the next update.
KamrulCox
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
No, I'm still using updates. Actually I don't know how to downgrade. I don't want format factory reset. I don't want to loss my settings and other data.
0 Likes
SeNaTamil
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Check dial *#00*#

Sensor >Fingerprint sensor testScreenshot_20210604-140459_Phone.jpgScreenshot_20210604-140452_HwModuleTest.jpgScreenshot_20210604-163218_HwModuleTest.jpg
0 Likes
KamrulCox
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
*#0*#
Cannot found data log.

It's happened after software update. I googled and followed all the steps. No good luck.
itsj
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
The checking will pass i guess but the intesity and speed is super slow. Thats wht i understood from the issue.
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurred.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

SudhirSahani
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Even I'm also facing same issue since yesterday. All of sudden issue started happening
0 Likes