Original topic:

poor build quality of S10+ display

(Topic created on: 12-01-2019 11:43 AM)
Aravind3897
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Dear team, i bought my S10+ in May 2019. Till now i haven't dropped it. Last day i dropped it from a height of 10cm. My corning gorilla glass 6 dispay got a crack. And  now the service center is asking me to pay INR 17000 for the replace. How come this happen? Are gorilla glass 6 present in s10+? Can't it withstand a 10cm height? Samsung can't you please repair me free of cost? Do money don't have value?
14 Comments
BHEESHMA
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Samsung would've Repaired it free of cost if you've opted to have insurance for your display and it comes with one time screen replacement. and Gorilla Glass do withstand but in certain places where it also fail . as an example my S9 plus have fall down many times without a case and Tempered glass and it never broke . so it's about where it falls. and looks like you better sell it / getting a new one maybe feasible I think & just an opinion boss !
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
No, physical damages caused by accidents are not covered under warranty. Only manufacturing defects are considered for warranty. Unfortunately you will have to shell out that 17000 bucks for repairing or use some aftermarket parts if you are not willing to pay that much.
Aravind3897
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
how can i rely on aftermarket ones
0 Likes
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Here's the truth, you can't because it's not a genuine Samsung part. You screen will not be that responsive, touch won't be that fluid but it'll be easy on your pocket. Just 2000 approx or less if you are a good bargainer.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
As a popular Youtuber puts it,"Glass is glass,and glass can break...You should have used a case with front cover as it only costs a twentieth of the money you invested in the S10+
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
True, people buying expensive handsets should really use something to protect their smartphones or just buy a Screen replacement plan, nowadays Flipkart and Amazon both provide one year free screen replacement for Rs. 1000 when you purchase a smartphone. Unless you are filthy rich that you don't bother about repairing and will just buy another handset😬
Aravind3897
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
no glasses are availble for s10+ and am using the company case they provided me
0 Likes
itsmanishh
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
hi i know it hurts when u r buying such a expensive phone and it glass broke, the glass actually cost only 1500 and Samsung service center will change ur folder display + glass is where they can make money so it is nice to change only glass it take only one hour at local cell repair i hve changed my s8 glass only for 1600 at ghaffar market delhi and they replaced it in 1 hour
0 Likes
Aravind3897
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
but they won't be as perfect right
0 Likes