Original topic:

not open smart switch app in pc

(Topic created on: 04-30-2020 11:43 AM)
vishal261214
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy S
when open smart switch app in pc massege show close dex app .then dex app not open ..

10 Comments
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
in bottom right corner of pc open icon notification area and clse dex from there
right click on dex icon and exit it first
the usb cable cannot connect to two applications at one time
exit dex running in background first and then switch in smart switch again
see in screen shot👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
This Same Issue even I have also faced and posted this to Forum also...And when you have Closed the Dex Mode and Got a message that "Do you want to Exit" and after Clicking this Option of Exit Button it Closed Down and still if it Showing the Message to Exit then it is the Drawback/Issue/Bug with the Dex PC app...Because if after Closing any App and still you need to close it from Task manager or From Icon Notification then it needs to be Resolved or Fixed...Though I made this Postmortem too...
0 Likes
vishal261214
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
thanks bro issue solve .i am go into task manager and then background app and end task Samsung dex and now open samsung smart switch
0 Likes
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
you're welcome
kindly accept as solution if I have solved ur query click 3 dots👍👍👍👍👍👍
0 Likes
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
uninstall dex from PC and again reinstall it might be a glitch
I often use dex but it never happens it only happens when dex is running in background
go to dex application and in its settings upper right corner switch off run dex on startup and switch off keep running in background
restart pc after this and try again it should work
0 Likes
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
no need for task manager just close from pc notification area
0 Likes
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Bro...I have just given Eg..that when any App through PC (Windows Version) is Closed through Proper Channel then it should be Closed...No Foreground no Background...I have said that then what is the use of Closing it through proper channel if you needs to use these like Closing from Icon Notification Tray or Task Manager etc. etc...And I too using it more Frequently, this is something wrong with this Dex PC App and need to fixed...Though you have given him the Right Solution for present being and he Needs to Accept it as Solution....Further more go to my Below Comment with Complete Analysis on this topic.. 🙏
0 Likes
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Bro.. Actually there is Some Synchronisation or Comparability issue with Dex PC App & Smart Switch PC App..Suppose if you Open Smart Switch PC App first using your Phone with the Cable (Type C to Usb)and later Closes it by Selecting "X" icon it Closes from Foreground as well as from Background and you can use Dex PC App without any issue...But when You Select first (Default Dex use with Type C cable needs to be Disable) Dex PC App first and then after Completing your task you need to go Smart Switch PC App then this issue Arrises Everytime and you need to Close from Icon Notification tray also even after Closing it through Proper Channel, otherwise keep on asking for "Closing the Dex PC app first & then restart the Smart Switch" and even if you Select Cancel button on your Smartphone before Connecting the Dex PC App it needs not to go to Background but still it goes to Background and you are not able to use Smart Switch PC App here also without Closing it from Icon Notification tray...But it should not happen at all since you have not even given the permission to connect with your Mobile and not used at all but then Same Story...Hence this issue needs to be resolved...Further more if it so then we are not able to do other task also by using Same Cable along with Dex PC App running in background, but we can do like I have shown you the Screenshot where I Accessed my Phone along with Dex PC App open in Icon Notification tray...The issue is with Dex PC App & there Synchronisation or Comparability with each other specially & only when used Dex PC App first and trying to use Smart Switch PC App later....But mapledew has given you the the Solution which is to be used in this Condition and only the Option available, Hence Kindly Accept it as Solution So that others also came to know that for the Present being you can have this Solution for above stated Issue..
0 Likes
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
it's not sync problem when smart switch runs since dex is just a skin like a secondary user innteface of your screen and helps to run apps other than one ur running on phone
even from there if u run smart switch or if u run from pc or even if u run from mobile app
all 3 options of smart switch will call off dex to stop
because mirror and UI interface will not allow smart switch to access kernel driver and software in the rom files
if u are running smart switch it's vice versa also dex won't start because smart switch needs to check latest software and if in emergency mode run repairs for phone
smart switch is prioritised before dex it accesses core files and temporarily shuts dex because if an app is running on dex on pc it'll interfere with smart switch access to rom files
just like if u remember in nokia pc suite earlier if it was running and u wanted to play music via Ovi player it wouldn't allow access during suite syncing or running checks in background
u had to shut off nokia suite then other apps would run and yes kindly toggle off the button in screenshot in dex settings
0 Likes