Original topic:

ghost touch/ random touch inputs in screen of my galaxy s10

(Topic created on: 04-29-2020 06:10 PM)
rajbaxi17
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

i have purchased my samsung galaxy s10 few months ago, as soon as i started using it, my phone kept opening random apps, keyboard was also not working properly, suppose if i tried to write " hi " it wrote " hhiii" instead. i thought it was some glitch and i restarted phone, but nothing got improved. then i removed the thin screen protector that comes with the phone, but the problem persisted. before i could thing of getting it to a store or repair shop, the problem did not occur for  a few days, i thought it must be some software glitch and phone is fine now, but just then, again the same thing happened, random touches, any app gets opened, for example, even if i open instagram, randomly any picture gets likes, if i try to see notifications the conversation gets opened. episodes of this thing keeps coming, for a few days i dont even recognize that phone had any problem and then it suddenly starts like this, i am using it like this since 2 days and it is very much irritating, i dont even have any option right now due to lockdown, i thought it would be proper to get online support. i have tried turning phone on and off, i have tried phone in safe mode- that also doesnt help, no screen guard is there on phone, please guide me. thanks for the help in advance.

update: i did factory reset my phone, no improvement, so this was the last thing i could do at home i guess, any other solution now?

rajbaxi17
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

hard reset as in i tried the power button+ volume up+ bixby button but that did not solve my problem, i am yet to do a complete factory data reset.

0 Likes
Pmohankumar
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
do complete factory reset hope it will solve ur issues on this lockdown situation we don't have option bro so try it
0 Likes
rajbaxi17
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

i did factory reset, but no improvement, same problem persists. 

0 Likes
Pmohankumar
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
then no option bro you have to visit service center after the lockdown.
get in touch with Samsung chat team they have separate team for S and note series they will help you on the same with more information
0 Likes
rajbaxi17
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

can you provide me a link for the support, also thanks for your reply.

0 Likes
rajbaxi17
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

thanks mate

0 Likes
Pmohankumar
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
check the link on working hours between 9am to 9pm
hope you will get solution.
0 Likes
Samsung_Support4
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please perform the following path to enable accidental touch protection option:

Settings > display > accidental touch protection > enable.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > click on “+“icon > send feedback > error report/ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Venegas55
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

didnt work, have the exact same issue..

phantom taps at the bottom of my screen, it is really annoying...