galaxy phone moisture detected in charge

(Topic created on: 07-09-2020 09:00 AM)
Samsung_9g9e5Ew
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Dear samsung galaxy 

I am very upset and disappointed. 
I am using galaxy started from  galaxy s4,s6, s8+ and s10+ (present).

The problem started s8+ after a years , the phone came on moisture detected, but i never touched any water. The phone not allowed to charge, force me to buy a wireless charge.
Because past a years  guarantee,  i cant afford to pay for repair (big money).

This years i upgraded to s10+, only a few month time . The s10+ came on moisture detected again, not allowed to charges again. 

Because under guarantee,  i took back to my service provider to repair the phone. And i told them my story about two ph moisture detected problem. They said to me : this is Samsung galaxy general problem. 

I want to ask : Galaxy phone was too of range. Why the moisture detected become common problem?
Is it designed mistakes for TOP OF RANGE CELL PHONE?  Why dont recall back to factory the sane as galaxy 7?

How can i have confidence to support SAMSUNG GALAXY anymore? This is 2nd time to support Samsung even have bad experiences for s8+.

What is your suggestion?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Maps_sam07
Options
Galaxy S

Hi 

Please be advised that moisture detected on the device can be also caused by device being exposed to humid conditions and not just contact with water. 

To resolve the moister detect error message you may perform a soft reset on the device : 

Press and hold the power and volume down buttons for about 10 seconds.

*The device may take a screenshot, however keep holding the buttons for a few more seconds.

If the issue still persist, you may take the device to the service center to have it assessed in warranty, which is valid for 24 months. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Comments
Solution
Maps_sam07
Options
Galaxy S

Hi 

Please be advised that moisture detected on the device can be also caused by device being exposed to humid conditions and not just contact with water. 

To resolve the moister detect error message you may perform a soft reset on the device : 

Press and hold the power and volume down buttons for about 10 seconds.

*The device may take a screenshot, however keep holding the buttons for a few more seconds.

If the issue still persist, you may take the device to the service center to have it assessed in warranty, which is valid for 24 months. 

0 Likes
Samsung_9g9e5Ew
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
thanks for the advice, i followed this at youtube vedio and different way.

the most **bleep** of , i have twice experienced for top of range phone.

How to support Samsung
Samsung_4ZjRXcp
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I have exactly the same problem. my phone is NEVER near moisture. we are definitely not currently in humid conditions. Its been on this moisture detection for the last 12 hours. I moved back to samsung after having a Huawei that never gave me issues. now back to samsung with issues. if samsung knows the phones give problems why don't u fix it. this is extremely frustrating. now I must spend R1000 for a wireless charger. I cant even go into ur stores to buy it cos there's never stock.
Samsung_9g9e5Ew
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
i am agree 100%

the point is the moisture detection have issues for a lot of ph, according youtube, facebook ,and ph repair technicians...this is common problem for the phone.
this is totally take a chance for samsung
Galaxy S
it's ridiculous. They want us to buy a wireless charger
0 Likes
Samsung_4ZjRXcp
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
they know that its a problem though. so if the s8 had the problem...they should make sure the rest don't. im now sitting on around 14 hours of this now. it just won't go away
0 Likes