Original topic:

galaxy S10 lite battery drain

(Topic created on: 12-04-2020 09:35 AM)
sakthikings
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
After November month security patch update very very big battery drain issues we are facing
Please fix it immediately
10 Comments
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
if you feel just after update then do these steps

A. Wipe Cache Partition.
Steps to perform.
1) Turn off the device.
2) Press and hold the Volume Up key and the spower button.
3) When the Android logo displays, release all keys.
4) Press the Volume down key to navigate and select "Wipe cache partition".
5) Press Power key to select. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Select Reboot System.
6) Press the Power key to restart the device.

B. Reset App Preferences.
Settings >Apps> Tap on Top Right 3Dots and select Reset App preferences.
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
if you not done yet then do some settings to save more battery life and observe for next 1-2 days, it will give a noticeable difference

1. Settings>Connection>more connections settings> disable nearby device settings.

2. Settings>>Location>improve accuracy >disable
A. Wifi scanning
B. Bluetooth scanning .

3. Device care>battery >power mode>select "optimised" and "adaptive power saving".

And then click on "app power management >
And enable these 2 options.
A. Adaptive battery
B. Put Unused Apps to Sleep.

4. Long press on each app specially 3rd party app(LIKE FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE) and rarely used apps and also ON "GOOGLE APP" as well, then click on>app info> go to these 3 options below on by one

A. Mobile data> allow background data usage>off

B. Battery >allow background activity >off

C. Notification >disable unnecessary notifications like promotional and unnecessary reminder notifications.

5. Go to settings> privacy > permission manager > location> and check which app have accessing your location all the time and if you not using that apps much, then deny access or set as " allowed only while in use"
As unnecessary location access by 3rd party app causing battery drain.

6.  Go to settings > Google > on device sharing> check which 3rd party apps present there for e.g. if you use paytm , paytm will  shared data to show recommendation and suggestion which also cause battery drain

7.  Go to settings > account and backup> account > check which app syncing automatically there, and if any app which not necessary to auto sync then click on it and "disable sync"

8. Go to settings >apps>search "weather" >click on settings icon right side > change "auto refresh" settings as per your requirements and disable some unnecessary reminder. ( due to auto refresh it continuously consuming battery)

9. If you use Facebook frequently then disable "auto play video"
And if you are mostly uses mobile, on wifi connection then also disable "auto play videos" in YouTube.

10. Settings>Google >click on 3dot at right top corner>usage and diagnostics >off this option.
sakthikings
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Yesterday I am visiting the service center again check the service center person my phone temperature 46'c that person told 48'c is default normal heat no issues with convenience me.

I am tell to now hardest and Safe mode not working 

I Request one time flashing my phone fight to service center person after the flashing my phone now working fine

Still not I am facing the heating issues and battery draining issues

Please note My feedback service center person not the any step in take this problem only convenience me also I am flight then only flashing my phone Software after the problem Solved

every time I am not do the negative feedback now I am facing the issue I will report to community any reason don't blame me
0 Likes
sakthikings
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
this is a not correct solve I will already try to all above the option
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
ohk, then wait for correct solution from Samsung 👍👍
and meanwhile send feedback to Samsung bu using get help section
AbhishekPriya
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Just wait for December security patch and update it via smart switch all issue will resolve
0 Likes
Khalnayak17
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
what's smart switch ?
0 Likes
Nikhil2408
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
facing the same issue
0 Likes
Nikhil2408
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I have bought my samsung s10 lite three weeks before after November security update and 2.5 update battery drains quickly battery backup time is 7 to 8 hours sometimes 6 hours 😑 highly disappointed when i check with my friends they said they are getting battery backup for 1.5 days.
Any recommendations to resolve battery issue
0 Likes