Original topic:

flagship phone running on android 7.0? like seriously?

(Topic created on: 01-01-2018 09:12 PM)
theo107
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I use the S8, since S8+ is tad too big and note 8 was too expensive. Anyway my point is, I bought the s8 from UAE and I'm still running on android 7.0. not even 7.1(!). most other brands are already updating to 8.0 and the updates I get (600mb+) are rather small security patches or small undetectable improvements.

anyone have any idea if Samsung will ever upgrade android on s8 and s8+?

thanks in advance. Cheers.
0 Likes
8 Comments
CHILLY1
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Samsung is always late to provide latest android update
0 Likes
shiv7688
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
cant understand why are you soo eagerly waiting for oreo. as most of the path breaking features of 8.0 like screen in screen and app merge and all this is available on samsung since long on 7.0 as well with samsung experience in note 8 and s8 and all. then what you will get in 8.0. jst a mental peace....
0 Likes
theo107
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
bro I'm more eager about the additional options that are available e.g. on lock screen itself you can snooze apps and the camera(unless you use s8/s8+ or the note 8 you won't find it stupid have huge bezels to cover up the screen which results in same effect of using s6 or s7) and the screen in screen isn't clean yet. Also if you check YouTube you'll see multitasking have improved a lot in the beta version and the finger print sensor will get additional features along with the existing scrolling option. if Samsung can give these and still call it android 7.0, I'm totally down for that. cool?
0 Likes
maik
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
its true Samsung will lose me in new generation I'm will buy a new smartphone from apple
0 Likes
theo107
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Apple burns a hole in your pocket if the glass breaks...even more than Samsung 🤦‍♂️
0 Likes
saqidad
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
unfortunately
0 Likes
saqidad
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
samsung does not care about ud
theo107
Active Level 3