Original topic:

fingerprint sensor isn't working

(Topic created on: 06-06-2020 06:39 PM)
AkashKasote
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hi
I have s10 plus and i m facing issue with the fingerprint sensor on it...it doesn't recognize finger when it is wet..Why is it so..??
0 Likes
8 Comments
rajanswers
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
it won't when your hands are wet
0 Likes
rajanswers
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
even the touch screen will not respond if you put a drop of water on the screen that's the way the phone is designed, there is no fault in your phone
AkashKasote
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
it was working very well when i bought...after recent security updates...it's not working
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
with water the fingerprint sensor wont work
AkashKasote
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
it was working before but not now...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
no it does not work on any samsung smartphone....even if you have concern go to service centre
0 Likes
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please perform the below mentioned steps to resolve "fingerprint issue"issue:

1) The device may not recognize fingerprints that are affected by wrinkles,wet, small or thin fingers.

2) To improve recognition performance, register fingerprints of the hand used most often to perform tasks on the device.

Note :kindly wipe your finger before using it.   

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

Hedge73
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Mine hasn't worked since the last update and rarely worked before. Only 2 months old and not impressed a basic security function doesn't work. I've tried EVERYTHING. Please advise. 

0 Likes