Original topic:

finger print reader issue S9+

(Topic created on: 11-03-2019 11:25 AM)
DrTech
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
After the Oct security patch update, my s9+ finger print reader has significantly slowed down and is unable to detect in single go... is anyone else facing the same issue
#s9+ #fingerprint_issue
7 Comments
Galaxy S
remove old fingerprint and register again
0 Likes
DrTech
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
did that bro... still issue remains
0 Likes
Nazid
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
wait fr novembr update...
0 Likes
venny8
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
i am using s9plus with oct patch,my fingerprint works perfectly
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
I faced same problem. that's why I went to Samsung service center and flashed same firmware from them...now no problem
0 Likes
Galaxy S
ok visit service centre for flash
0 Likes
Galaxy S

Hi there,

Please perform the following steps:
> If any screen guard/tampered glass/protection film is available then first disable the fingerprint settings and then remove the screen guard.
> Once screen guard is removed now register the fingerprint again and check the issue
> If problem does not get resolved, run the device in Safe mode and reconfigure the fingerprint.
> If issue still persists, create data backup and reset the device.
> Make sure to use the central fingerprint parts evenly when you register or scan fingerprint, so that all portions of fingerprint, including the center and corners have been fully scanned.
Nevertheless if you still have similar problems while registering or scanning your fingerprints, please visit to the authorized Samsung service center with device and have it inspected for further resolution.
For address details of Samsung Service centers follow the link mentioned below-
http://www.samsung.com/in/support/servicelocation/

Regards,
Team Samsung Members

0 Likes