Original topic:

data loss android 10

(Topic created on: 10-24-2019 05:22 PM)
RAVI66
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
What is the probability of losing data after beta installation?
9 Comments
Galaxy S
Well technically there are chances that u can loose some or all of your data. But practically companies don't make those kind of mistakes these days and even before BETA release they do internal testing as well as ALFA testing and try to resolve known bugs and issues.
So at the end I will say it's almost safe to install beta, you may face some issues with some features but loosing ur data cus of Beta update is a rare chance.
RAVI66
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thanks for information
Galaxy S
you welcome bro.
RAVI66
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Smart switch pc.. Backups secure folder data?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
@RAVI66 take the back up in computer or smart switch. If you have sd card then take a backup in smartswitch sd card.
RAVI66
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Smart switch pc.. Backups secure folder data?
0 Likes
ShockxWave
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
even I want to know, on my note 5 on nougat it wouldn't backup secure folder, so I had to remove stuff from secure folder before backup, but I don't know as I was on a custom rom
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Probability of data loss is either 0 or 1. So it's smart to do a smart switch backup before installing. If you don't have pc, just plug in your external Harddrive using otg to your S series and backup.

PS. No, it doesn't backup Secure folder. You can cloud backup secure folder in secure folder settings.
ATANUROY
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
yes...generally dont....but its better to use the help of samsung smart switch....to have a backup at your memory card