Original topic:

black crush and game launcher error

(Topic created on: 09-21-2020 07:31 PM)
Excalibur123
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Do you guys know about the infamous "black crush" issue where the blacks do not show up properly and blacks exhibit weird contours? That hideous screen is now back and I can't watch content properly. Anyone else facing the same issue?

Almost at the same time the problem appeared, the apps in game launcher also started appearing in the apps screen. How can I revert this?

PS. My device is running on One UI 2.1 with August security patch.
8 Comments
Galaxy S
couldn't understand your issues
1. what do you mean by hideous screen, weired contour ( may i also don't know so please explain)
2. which app screen ( i mean in the app screen of game launcher or outside game launcher)

and please also mention your game launcher version
0 Likes
Excalibur123
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
1. by hideous screen I mean that the blacks or even some dark colors have greenish tint. and those areas come out pixelated. This a quite rampant issue. please look at the black crush problem on Samsung. You will find many articles.
2. the games that I sent to game launcher should not be visible outside the game launcher, i.e, they shouldn't be on the apps screen(outside game launcher) or home screen. But on my device it is visible both inside the game launcher and outside the game launcher.
Galaxy S
understand your both issues
1. probably a bug because till now i couldn't experienced it
2. while opening the game launcher frist time there's option asking for if you want to see the apps / games only inside game launcher or not ( screenshot added )
Excalibur123
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
thanks for your reply. the second problem was solved. I think resetting the device solved the first problem but I have wait for a little more time to be sure.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve auto restart issue please follow below given steps:-

1. Check device in safe mode:- Using Safe Mode on a Samsung phone allows you to force the device to run the essential operating system, and disable most 3rd party applications.
To enter in safe mode:- Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears > Press and hold the power off icon.
To exit safe mode restart the device.

2. Reset the device:- Before resetting, kindly create data backup of your device via SMART switch mobile application or http://www.samsung.com/in/support/smartswitch pc suite.
How to reset:- Settings > General management > Reset.

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app along with short video while phone is restarting and error log file(Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

Excalibur123
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes. I have been in contact with the customer support and did everything you have suggested, including the factory reset. the problem still persists. In addition to the crushing of black areas, there is a yellowish tint on the display. I have again sent the error report to the customer support. Please look into the issue.
aditya27
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
i am having same issue in my s8 black crush and yellow tint, whats ur device??
Excalibur123
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I'm using s9+
0 Likes