Original topic:

battery drain s10 plus

(Topic created on: 01-21-2021 10:39 PM)
Mnkpz
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
After update android 11 beeta 3 battery draining fast 38% battery use on media storage
6 Comments
SSDatta
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
New Update
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
the update is buggy and has been pulled back... you will have to wait for the stable update for now...
saroDOTcom
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
even in patch UI 3 battery drains faster, currently roll out is in suspension for s10 series
0 Likes
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve your device battery drain issue please visit this link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-mobile-battery-drain-issue/

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
SteSie
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Hey Guys, I belief I found a simple fix for the extensive battery drain and overheating:

Prior the update, my S10 screen was set to 3040 x 1440 and after I faced the post update battery drain / overheating issue for almost 2 weeks now, I adjusted the resolution down to 1520 x 720 and then (because I disliked the quality loss) to 2280 x 1080.  After I have done this, my phone stopped overheating and the extensive battery drains seems to be gone.

Couple hrs later I thought I make a test: I turned back to 3040 x 1440 again and interestingly the extensive battery drain / overheating have not shown up again!

So it seems, for whatever reasons, the Android 11 update mess up something with the graphics and that can be “reset” by switching the resolution.

Please try this approach and provide feedback here in the forum, to let me know, if you can reproduce the positive effect.

BTW: Don’t forget to press “Apply” button on the bottom once you changed the resolution setting.

0 Likes
Shakir52268
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

i am facing the same issue, is it resolved yet ?

0 Likes