Original topic:

all sensors stop working after update

(Topic created on: 07-17-2018 02:48 AM)
wael
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

I bought a galaxy S8 (SM-G950FD) which was android NOUGAT.I updated the system to android Oreo and i don''t have any problem. However, from 2 days ago I updated to G950FXXU2CRF7 after that all sensors stopped working except fingerprint sensor. I looked for that problem online and was surprised that many people around the world had the same problem after the update. Is there a solution to the problem in the next update or we lost our devices !!
Is there anyone found a solution to this problem?
0 Likes
9 Comments
Elixir11
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
yes me too.but i had that problem since last month
0 Likes
Striker247
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Same problem here. Samsung is yet to admit this issue publicly even though there is A HUGE amount of people reporting this EXACT problem on their devices including

S8,Note8 and even the Note FE.

All of this started after a "security" update after upgrading to Oreo.

Let me know if you find a fix.
0 Likes
wael
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I searched on the net and found the same problem in s7 edge and a5 (2017) on youtube and was a solution to switch proximity sensor
https://youtu.be/-Bw4Et6WxIM
0 Likes
Striker247
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Ah yes I'd come across this video before but I think its too risky to take apart the phone like that. Since this problem started because of a software update why can't it be fixed by software too ?
0 Likes
Bogs1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
i have the same issue too. My s7 edge is dead after that update. so dissapointing. are they not having a software testing to all devices that are supported with this update? they are not satisfying us as phone users for a long time as honestly even if our phone is face out, up to now it can do anything without problem or lags. they just want us to buy a new one just for that. Marketing strategy! never buy samsung again.
0 Likes
wael
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

An irresponsible and failed company.
me too never buy samsung again.
0 Likes
Jaana1
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
i have also same problem i have s9 plus but i think after update iris scanner is not working any one have positive answer
0 Likes
ian1900
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
me to I have a problem with the iris scanner of my S8 plus. It still doesn't work after many try... I made a test with this application but no capter on my phone is still working (exept for the finger). I am realy
dissapointing because it make only one month i have this beautifull phone and there are some problems... I fell it two days ago without any protection because i was making a photo of the S8 with a beautifull sky at the back. I dont know if the problem is from this little crash of 50cm but i'm angry to see that the S8 has got some little scratch when i know that my wiko (a phone of 100€) still doesn't have any problem after 2 big crash in the street without any protection... So, does anyone has got the solution for the iris ?

Thanks

(Sorry if there are some little fault, i'm french) ;)
0 Likes
EmPrAcE
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I had this issue on my s8. You have to change the motherboard. Software update caused the issue. But software update can't fix it.
0 Likes