Original topic:

airtel VoLTE and VoWiFi not working on Galaxy S10 Lite

(Topic created on: 02-07-2020 06:06 PM)
Chromaniac
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Have been trying to get help from airtel for two days now. Zero support. Samsung customer guy also told me that I would have to deal with airtel regarding this. Jio Sim works fine. Both features are working. What to do? 
kaustubh10
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
It doesn't related to Samsung.
you have to contact service providers
Samsung doesn't have any role about it
try to understand people
0 Likes
Chromaniac
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

See, I understand that airtel is at fault here. The brand new Jio SIM I acquired today worked pretty much instantly on the phone. Both volte and vowifi. I was amazed.

The problem here is that S10 Lite is on front page of newspapers this week. Samsung is heavily pushing this phone. So, I assume a lot of people have also ordered this phone.

Expecting all people who are facing the same problem as me (and a cousin of mine who purchased this phone on my recommendation along with me) to get behind airtel to provision volte on their SIM cards seems kind of stupid.

Samsung could easily work with airtel. To ensure that any airtel user inserting his sim in either of these models get priority provisioning to VoLTE status. I mean Jio seems to be handling this situation much better.

In the end… GeekyRanjit pretty much confirmed that VoLTE and VoWiFi worked for him on Airtel in Hyderabad even before the phone went on sale. So, it’s not like airtel is not supporting this phone. S10 Lite is clearly listed as a VoWiFi supported model on Airtel website. If it does not work as expected, a lot of blame goes on Samsung as well.

Anyhow. I would continue to push airtel to fix this issue for me (and then I would push for fixing it for my cousin’s sim). It would have been just easier if Samsung technical team would help out their newest customers.  Cheers. 

PS. If anyone has any questions about the device, feel free to ask. This is my first Samsung after a very long time (I have owned the Galaxy Nexus) so I am very new to all the Samsung specific enhancements and functionalities. 

0 Likes
Raghu567
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I'm facing the same issue. when I inserted airtel sim , this device was showing emergency calls only. I thought sim card is at fault and went to airtel care. they asked me to change the sim and I did. waiting for new sim to get activated, more or less it is the problem with airtel. S10 lite properly detected idea and jio sims and volte was strong. Hope this issue gets fixed ASAP.

edit 1: New sim got activated and working fine on S10lite.
0 Likes
Chromaniac
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

So VoLTE and VoWiFi are working for you on Airtel SIM? 

Did you have VoLTE on your previous device with the Airtel SIM? In my case, my sim has never been used on a VoLTE capable device so it never got provisioned for VoLTE and it still isn't. VoWiFi requires VoLTE to work so both services are not working for me on the Airtel SIM. 

0 Likes
Galaxy S

Hi there,

Wi-Fi calling facility in India is currently available with Airtel and Jio network providers.
You can drag down the notification panel to check the availability of this feature in your phone. This feature can also be found by following “Phone app << Three dots << Settings << Wi-Fi calling”.
For this feature to work, your phone must be connected to a Wi-Fi network and have an active SIM card inserted.
You may also contact the above concerned network operators (Airtel and Jio) for further formalities to be performed in case the device support Wi-Fi calling facility.

Regards,
Team Samsung Members

0 Likes
SivakumarTK
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I am also facing the same issue with airtel... They told me my phone doesnt support wifi calling or else to check with the internet service provider (again airtel) which is ridiculous and don't understand the logic in that. I believe as a manufacturer samsung should reach out to airtel and get this fixed for its customers to make the phone usage a pleasant experience which also increase their sales numbers.
0 Likes
Chromaniac
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Same. They keep on blaming the handset. I just got a call that their system is recognizing my phone as Samsung G7. SM-G770FZKSINU is the codename of the phone. Samsung could work with airtel to sort out this mess. But seems like it was just a mistake to buy a Samsung.
0 Likes
Aaqif
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I am facing same problem with my airtel sim, I tried it in both slots but it didn't get VoLte. I tried Jio also it worked perfectly.

0 Likes
Chromaniac
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

what you need to get done is to get your sim refreshed. send a message to airtel support and file a request. if you get lucky, they would do it for you and all should start working well automatically. 

if they end up treating you like me... you would need to get a new sim and insert it in another model which is officially listed on their volte page and wait for volte to get active on that sim. once it is, it should work on your samsung phone. 

0 Likes
grvgupta
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
i am also facing the same problem. cannot use wifi calling on airtel
0 Likes