RUSHHour55
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Display Flickering after July 2020 update

Active Level 2
3 weeks ago
Phone: Galaxy S9 Plus (Exynos)
Hello, after the july 2020 firmware update the display started having some flickering issue. Is anyone else facing the same issue, please let me know.

I did visit the service centre and they obviously said that nothing is wrong with the software it's the display itself but I haven't dropped the phone anywhere and this issue literally happened in front of me, so I am pretty sure it's the software.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Tsogo_sam05
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, RUSHhour55 please perform a soft reset of your device.

Press and hold the power and volume down buttons for about 10 seconds.

*The device may take a screenshot, however, keep holding the buttons for a few more seconds. This is a soft reset and will not factory reset your phone.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Comments
RUSHHour55
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I experienced it today so I started researching why my screen is flickering when I google something
0 Likes
Solution
Tsogo_sam05
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, RUSHhour55 please perform a soft reset of your device.

Press and hold the power and volume down buttons for about 10 seconds.

*The device may take a screenshot, however, keep holding the buttons for a few more seconds. This is a soft reset and will not factory reset your phone.

0 Likes
RUSHHour55
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
it is still doing it
0 Likes
RUSHHour55
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I checked which app it starts flickering is on with Google the normal Google that is pre-installed on this device
0 Likes
Tsogo_sam05
Options
Galaxy S

Kindly note that your device may need to booked in for a Software reload. It seems like the current software loaded on your device is malfunctioning. Please go to the below link to locate the closest Authorized Service Center to you.

https://www.samsung.com/za/support/service-centre/

You can also backup using Smart switch and then factory reset your device. Herewith the Smart switch link:

https://www.samsung.com/za/support/smart-switch/

0 Likes