Original topic:

Your Phone now lets everyone (with a Samsung phone) run Android apps on their PC

(Topic created on: 09-18-2020 09:04 AM)
27GautParacom
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S

The Apps feature of Microsoft’s Your Phone app is graduating from the Insider program – soon it will be available to everyone who owns a supported phone. This feature allows you to run Android apps in individual windows on your Windows 10 PC (previously you had to rely on screen mirroring).

The updated Your Phone app is rolling out now (note that it may take up to 48 hours to reach you). Once installed, you’ll see an Apps tab on the left and a full list of apps from your phone to the right. Click one and it will pop up as if it’s a native app on your PC. You can even pin it to the Windows task bar easy access

Note that for now you can run only one app at a time, but Microsoft is working on a way to run multiple apps simultaneously (as seen in the video above). This is coming later this year.

Unfortunately, the Apps feature only works with select Samsung phones (recent flagships and the A-series) plus the Microsoft Surface Duo. You can find the list of compatible devices here, look under “Link to Windows

0 Likes
5 Comments
Galaxy S
It is still screen mirror. When you open any app from link to windows, apps open in android and mobile screen is displayed on windows.
Galaxy S
Haha sahi baat hai 😂😂
0 Likes
RedIndianRobin
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Yeah it's available for my A50 too. All A series and flagships of Samsung phones got this feature.
sammy25
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
can you share the app version of link to windows app? As I have the latest update which came 2 days ago , I cam see the apps tab in laptop but no apps are being displayed there.
0 Likes
RedIndianRobin
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Wait for 48 hours. It's a server side rollout. No app update is required for this. Microsoft said it may take 48 hours to show up for you.
0 Likes