YOUTUBE/VIDEO MODE/RESTRICTION/480p

(Topic created on: 03-30-2020 12:32 PM)
Sidhabhi
★★
Options
Galaxy S
GUYS, ITS NOT A BUG..

PLEASE GO THROUGH THIS LINK.

COVID-19 has affected the world in more ways than one. Within the narrow scope of the smartphone and related tech industry, the pandemic has caused widespread supply chain disruptions as well as led to cancellations to major events such as MWC 2020 and Google I/O 2020. Further, the health advisories issued because of the pandemic have led to a heavy load on the internet infrastructure, as more people are turning towards the Internet to beat the boredom that comes along with staying indoors for a long period of time. Consequently, streaming services had decided to lower their quality proactively to ensure that the infrastructure does not collapse. Within this context, YouTube had mentioned that it would set 480p as the default quality for its videos while giving users a choice to switch to higher resolutions

Now, we are learning that YouTube for Android has restricted its maximum video quality to 480p in some parts of India 

These restrictions appear to be rolling out regionally, with most reports centering in Mumbai and Delhi, while cities like Bangalore and areas of Gujarat, so far appear to be free of these restrictions (though these may very well get the same restrictions in the coming hours and days). 

7 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
we know
Galaxy S
We nahi🤣..You Know🤣..or I know..abhi neeche 2 logo ka sawaal hai..🙂...isliye janhit me jaari kiye hai ye sandesh..dhanyawaad aapke sehyog k liye..👍😜
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
about it due to reduction of traffic govt has limited the quality of video because of this lock down period
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
No, it's not the govt, it's YouTube. The huge traffic is straining their servers.
Raghavendra98
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I'm in Bangalore. My video quality is now capped at 480p
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
due to lock down period
Shahanewaj
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
yes you are right🙏🏻🙏🏻