Original topic:

Will my S8+ (SM-G955FD), bought in the UAE from Souq, work flawlessly in Spain?

(Topic created on: 04-20-2019 04:42 PM)
mdealbuquerque3
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Hello everyone. I am planning to move to Spain later this year and will bring my S8+ (specs mentioned in title) along with me. Will it work flawlessly (OTA updates, Samsung Pay, local Galaxy Store) once I insert my new permanent Spanish carrier SIM and factory reset it when prompted? I have been told by several sources that I would stop receiving OTA updates altogether but I would like to clarify if that includes completely unlocked models (my case), which is also an international variant (the same model sold in Spain and the EU, albeit with a different CSC due to it having been bought in the UAE). I would also like to know if it would be possible for me to change carriers once more if needed or if the phone will be carrier or region locked after the factory reset prompted by the change in SIM cards when I move to Spain. Clarifications regarding the possibility of my using Samsung Pay would also be significantly useful. If possible please also clarify whter the same answers to these questions would apply if I decided to bring an S10e from UAE along with me (I will use it daily for several days with my current etisalat SIM and  post-paid line before moving to Spain in order to remove the region lock which is supposedly embedded in all new Samsung devices as of the S8 generation, of course).

0 Likes
2 Comments
pv2019
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
how did this turn out? my phone from UAE is not receiving OTAs.. what could be the solution?
0 Likes
Sollyjoy
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
no
0 Likes