Original topic:

Wifi Calling Popup after Software Update

(Topic created on: 04-28-2020 10:39 PM)
KarenLynn
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

So I've had a software update notification stuck on my notification panel which I hate because it clutters up my panel and I already have enough things stuck there. I decided to do the update to make the notification go away. After updating the software my phone is almost unusable because it pops up "wifi calling keeps stopping". It pops up every second or two and I can hardly do anything on my phone. I click the button to open the settings for that app and clear the data and force stop and disable background usage but when I unlock my phone again it starts all over. Is anyone else having this problem? I've restarted the phone and it hasn't helped at all. I just got my phone fixed after having broken my screen and I don't want to have to go without my phone AGAIN for a long time until another update comes out, if that update even fixes the problem. I'd like to hear what you all think.

8 Comments
Galaxy S
whats your device bro
0 Likes
Galaxy S
have you tried to use wifi calling
0 Likes
Galaxy S
are you using wifi calling now
0 Likes
KarenLynn
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Sorry man I forgot to mention I have a galaxy s9+. And I've never used it before it became an option after I updated my phone. Or at least as far as I know. I don't even care if I can't use the function, I just want the notifications to stop, they're driving me crazy. 

immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
screen shot please.

it might be other apps interference.

goto safe mode and check if it happens or not.

reply after checking
0 Likes
KarenLynn
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I'm not even sure how to do safe mode. I'm not very good with electronics. Also I have the screenshot of the update version and a screen shot of the notification but I have no idea how to post them here. I'm thinking about just resetting my phone but I'll have to back it up first. 

immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Turn the device off by holding the Power button until the option to Power Off appears on the screen. Tap Power off .
Press and Hold the Power and the Volume Down buttons at the same time, to turn the device on.
The Power key is on the right hand side of most Samsung phones, and the Volume Down will usually be on the left hand side.

When you see the Samsung logo appear on the screen, you can let go of the Power button while the device boots up. Make sure to keep holding the Volume Down button.

You will now be able to see Safe Mode down the near the bottom left of the screen.

exit it by restating

back up and reset is also good option....
but
if it happens to be a 3rd party app interfering then you should know.

Also you can use adb Commands or package disabler pro from playstore to uninstall the WiFi calling
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kinder.pksafety

but it's a paid App 250rs

... sorry i wasn't helpful
0 Likes
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve this issue kindly follow the given below steps:

Go to the settings>>apps>>show system apps>>scroll down to wi-fi calling, tap it>>tap notification>>tap wifi calling>>then notificiation style>>silent and minimized >>done

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes