Original topic:

Why auto capitalise cuases lag in keyboard on S7 Edge

(Topic created on: 03-25-2017 08:09 PM)
Qadeer1
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hi every one.
I have been using S7 edge G935FD and have updated to Android 7. Everything is running smooth except laggy keyboard. When I am typing it's smooth but when I finish typing and press back, keyboard takes time (2 to 3 seconds) in disappearing. When I am in messaging app or whatsapp I finish typing & quit app the app quits and disappears immediately while keyboard still appears on home screen for 2 to 3 seconds then disappears. This is pretty annoying. I have never observed such issue on my previous Galaxy phones. For solving this issue I factory reset my phone, reset keyboard in keyboard settings, cleared data of keyboard app but couldn't got out of the issue. After all unsuccessful attempts I once again went through the keyboard settings and switched off auto capitalise and then saw the lagging of keyboard while pressing back and quiting to home by pressing home button resolved. However, I am used to auto capitalise while typing. So, if any one of the users faces the same issue can resolve it by turning off auto capitalise and if any one of the experts knows the permanent solution to this laggy keyboard he will be appreciated to share the solution. I suggest that Samsung needs improvements in it's S7 edge keyboard auto capitalise function as it is messing up with the user experience by lagging for a longer time.
4 Comments
Subzero355
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Hi, it would be a better option to report this to Samsung Care support rather than the community section.
Qadeer1
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thanks for suggestion. I do that.
0 Likes
Harshadiss
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Samsung keyboard is bit slow. Try swift or Gboard it's free on playstore.
0 Likes
tammeryousef
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Yes i did it before and it did solve the lag
0 Likes