Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Whatsapp post

(Topic created on: 02-20-2024 10:51 PM)
mushka
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I think its about time we address the video and picture quality we get when ever we post on some social media especially whatsapp our videos look like we are using R1000 cellphone while we using top of the range samsung has to offer for example im using an S23 ultra but whenever i post i always get bad reviews cause of the quality that comes out
7 Comments
JohnKuchi
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Well that's technically Whatsapp's problem. They need to tweak things up.
0 Likes
lewiz
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It's because we have so many android phones and they fail to maintain standard quality that's why its effortless for iphone.
NotAdmin
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
It's not Samsung's fault. There's a thing called compression. People should stop blaming Samsung for random things
0 Likes
GeneralLudd
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
That is due to WhatsApp compressing videos and images to make the size smaller. This is the case with every social media app. Even Facebook posts are compressed. There used to be a technique that worked for me where I slightly compressed videos on Samsung Gallery app and maintain great quality and WhatsApp would probably see the video as compressed already and not compress it. Doesn't work anymore though. But there's really not much Samsung can do about all of that. WhatsApp doesn't want you posting 200mb videos on your status/story.
0 Likes
outcast1403
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
First post your image or whatever to yourself on whatsapp and then from there you share to your status etc...this method makes the image looks less compressed and it works for me
HeckBenz
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It's not problem of Whatsapp. It's because android ecosystem is fragmented. Apple devices don't suffer this because they are a few phones so are optimized. Research a thing called image pipeline, then you will understand why. On the s24 series they are trying to address this I heard they have Instagram and Snapchat image pipeline
0 Likes
NotAdmin
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
It's funny how people blame everything on samsung out of ignorance
0 Likes