Original topic:

Whatsapp Crashing on S22 Ultra with one ui 5.1

(Topic created on: 03-15-2023 11:31 PM)
afprietoa
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

I keep getting whatsapp crashes on one ui 5.1. Moved data from a zlip4, tried google restore many times, then moved into restoring from local backup (uninstalling and installing the app every time plus phone off/on) from the Zflip4. it restores the messages and works for like 15 mins... then it starts crashing, doesn't let me send messages not even view status or anything. Can't even send whatsapp bug report from the option inside the app!

Anyone found any solution yet?

4 Comments
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung member,

Greetings from Samsung customer support.

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and will surely assist you regarding the same and please follow the easy troubleshooting steps which might help to solve the issue.

Clearing the app cache is kind of like a cleanse for your apps. It will get rid of residual files that could be slowing down the app.
Open Settings, and then swipe to and tap Apps. Select or search for the app you want to clear. Tap Storage, and then tap Clear cache.

Step 1. Go to Settings > Apps.
Step 2. Tap on More options (three vertical dots) on upper-right corner > Sort by > Size.
To delete:
Step 1. Go to Settings > Apps.
Step 2. Select an issued app.
Step 3. Tap Uninstall to free up storage space.

Improper App installation may also cause Android Apps crashing problem. You must download the App from the Google Play Store/ Galaxy store and use it only after it is successfully and completely installed on your device. In case your Apps stop abruptly, delete or uninstall the App from your device and install it back carefully after a few minutes.

Step 1. To uninstall apps on an Android device, go to Settings > Apps.
Step 2. Select an issued app > tap on Uninstall.
Step 3. Go to Google Play Store and reinstall the App again.

In case the issue still occurs. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Support> Tap on error report > Type your query > Send).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.
Warm regard,
Samsung customer support

0 Likes
afprietoa
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I've already tried many times clearing cache and also uninstalling the app, rebooting the phone and installing again.. Same happens. 

Chandruneo
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
We tried everything, but no use... still facing crashing frequently... I lost my 4-5 years of data...512gb/12gb handset is not supporting whats app... I can't believe this.. and this issue is not resolved from long time... Shame to Smasung... wasted 1,20,000 Rupees
fangz
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Same problem with z fold 4... lost uears of important data because of whatsapp issue.. cant still login whatsapp on my z fold 4 till now

0 Likes