Original topic:

Whats wrong with Galaxy S9?(Battery)

(Topic created on: 09-10-2020 05:06 PM)
Milind06
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
Did Samsung again spoil its devices with software update? After updating to August security patch through smart switch Galaxy S9 battery has become worse. It was never this bad i was easily getting 6 hrs sot with qhd+, now its not even close to 5 hours even with fhd+ or hd+ Maximum would be 4 hours. Bluetooth, location, Always on display are off but still. Some times battery stats are even wrong. The main culprit found was "google play services". Now while even listening to music(Samsung music offline) for 10mins 3% dropped. Sometimes even 2% is dropping per minute. Whats wrong , What did u do Samsung???

Worst part is while writing this post i lost 4% of battery!!!!
10 Comments
Shivansh018
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
facing this issue on all samsung devices
rajkm008
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
whenever your device shows updates available don't update it immediately whether it's is Os upgrading or security patches, you have to wait for other users experiences and device functionality like heating, lagging, battery drainage etc post update... you have to wait for stable updates
rajkm008
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
its usually happens when we updates our device to newer versions or security patches... try resetting the device once ( create backup before resetting the device)
0 Likes
rajkm008
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Follow these steps to clear cache or reset of your phone using (factory reset or wipe cache partition)recovery mode
1.Turn off the phone (hold power button and select “Power Off” from the menu)
2.Now, press and hold Power+Home+Volume Up buttons..
3.Keep holding until device logo shows up and phone restarts again, you should enter recovery mode. And clear the cache and reboot again, even if problem persists please visit nearby Samsung service centre and ask them to fix the issue
0 Likes
Tikunwengsu
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
all samsung smartphone series facing same problem no doubt about it
0 Likes
Kairu
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
yes
0 Likes
Š
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Is device care shows " Learning usage pattern"?
0 Likes
jeansboy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I've updated my device but didn't face this issue.. battery backup is same.. previously I was getting 6+ hours and now also. but definitely it's very bad.. samsung should optimize battery usage.
0 Likes
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve your device battery drain issue please visit this link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-mobile-battery-drain-issue/

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes