Original topic:

Waterproof Sealing Weaked

(Topic created on: 02-09-2021 09:45 AM)
GeojiGeorge
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Hello Guys, My Pone is S9plus and had expired my warranty on last January 2020. Still no cracks and nothing !! Its been a Year ! 🤭
But now the problem is that, the waterproof sealing has been weakend. And even if i pick my phone with wet hands and if i touched the charging port, it suddenly shows that "whater has been detected".
And dont say that its normal. Because, the days after service, this message shows only if the port is filled with water. But now it shows if i just touch it wet hand. SO SEAL IS WEAKED.
So, I was thinking about going to service center and ask those guys to reseal the phone. But will they do it? I mean my warranty has expired. 
Or they will bill it. How much will it cost? If you know anything relqted to this, please help me out. THANKS 😊
0 Likes
11 Comments
Galaxy S
bro they will change total back panel
GeojiGeorge
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Man thats bad 😩
0 Likes
ndjf
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Once check Samsung spare parts price website.
Galaxy S
This is not that the seal is weak (In the scenario you mentioned).

Seal is here to stop the water from entering your phone, it cannot detect water and give you warning.

So its your charging port which is responsible for this.

And now. no there is no process of sealing your phone again.

So I will suggest your phone as it is and just be cautious with water and you will be good to go.

If that helped or solved your query "Accept as solution" will be appreciated.
GeojiGeorge
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Bro First of all, Thanks for your concern 😁
And its been a year since my phone has been opened by the service center. And after all these days, the varying tempurature caused due to heating of phone led to the weaking of the sealing. Since its gum, i will get weaker and weaker over time bro (getting hot can also matter)
GeojiGeorge
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
And also i tested this thing about weakening. I had taken an extended warranty. In early days after servicing my phone i usually submerge it under water(lake water). and take phone out when raining. There is one thing i noticed.
☆ Normally, Upto 5-6 months after servicing "Water Detected Notification" shows only after i submerge my phone underwater. (that is when the charging port is completely filled with water). it wont show if i take this out when raining.
☆And When its been 8-9 months, The Message will show up when i take this out when raining. the charging port doesnt have to get filled with water. Thats because the sealing got weak.
I asked about this to the service technician and he said, that the water semsor is placed near the charging port and the sealing got weak over time.
Galaxy S
Bhai, First of all you haven't mentioned your phone was opened at service center in your main post.
2nd. We all know gum gets weaker (BTW its not gum which is used in phones its double sided tape which works better than gums).
3rd. There is no specific hardware which can tell you about moisture in phone.
The charging port can only sense it in some way due to short circuit (Resistance caused by impurities in water) on charging jack pins.

That what I said in my above comment.

😁😁
GeojiGeorge
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
haha sorry bhai. i thought it is understood when said its given to "service". and whether its double sided tape or gum, its a sticker with glue. and ofcouse it will get weak eventually 😂😂
Bro, I'm not arguing with you btw...
Lastly, idk much about the hardware or sensor thing, it was all the technician told about !!
Galaxy S
bhai I know and I am not arguing either. And I am telling you all this cus I am working in this field for like 8 years now. So trust me when I said those things. 😊 and realx I am not offended or something.
0 Likes