Original topic:

VoWiFi not working with Jio True 5g on S22U-Solved

(Topic created on: 01-16-2023 08:07 AM)
arunnechlani
Expert Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hello Guys,

I have discovered a bug or its a behaviour not sure but below is what I am experiencing. Tried on S22U and S22+ same behaviour. 

1. Connect Jio true 5g sim on your phone 
2. Start wifi calling from settings 
3. Wait for a min max it doesn't use vowifi. 
4. Goto mobile network settings, change the preferred network for Jio sim to LTE only now enable wifi calling 
5. In few secs vowifi will come. 
6. Goto mobile network and change the preferred network back to 5G still vowifi will continue to work. 

Has anyone else experiencing the same with Jio True 5g sim? 

The problem is sorted, when you are on 5G the preference goes to mobile network. That time it won't connect VoWiFi. In order to connect VoWiFi you have to be on LTE 
13 Comments
prashantkatigar
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Add is started In Samsung phone, can any one.of you can help me
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Ham samjhe nahi aap kya pooch rahe hai.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Actually for lte the thing is VOLTE
But for 5g its VoNR

But vowifi is only available till 4g only..

Source..
"Difference between VoLTE, WiFi Calling and VoNR – Commsbrief" https://commsbrief.com/difference-between-volte-wifi-calling-and-vonr/
0 Likes
Galaxy S
VoWifi needs a stable network which is currently 4G that is why your device switch to 4G network while calling.

5G calling requires VoNR which is not supported on samsung devices till this date.
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and will surely assist you regarding the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurring.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Members_JxCdTG1
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
  • Yes. Facing similar issue with S22 Ultra. 
0 Likes
arunnechlani
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I found the answer of the above problem, if you are on 5g it won't connect to vowifi
Members_idm0YQm
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have the same issue with Jio 5G.

arunnechlani
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I have mentioned already this is not an issue rather this is feature, read above for more details
0 Likes