Original topic:

VoLTE option missing on my S23!

(Topic created on: 03-07-2023 10:41 PM)
312_ramos
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hey guys. This is Ramprasath

Recently i purchased the Samsung S23 base version and I'm loving it!!!

However, i don't see a VoLTE option in mobile networks page on my network settings. Tried rebooting, resetting SIM... Nothing worked. 5G automatically disconnects when I'm on a call.

Please help

Thanks and cheers
16 Comments
Communicator
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Airtel or jio?
0 Likes
312_ramos
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Airtel
0 Likes
atechfreak
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
On Jio sim you will not get any option for VoLTE toggle.

Currently voice calling on 5G network is not supported on Jio. It is still in Beta trial. Some time before the commercial launch you will be able to make and receive calls on 5G network.

You can use Force LTE APP from play store and change the settings to NR only for calling on 5G network.

However currently being in beta you may experience call drops and voice breaks on 5G calling.

Hope this helps.
0 Likes
312_ramos
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
So you're saying data will automatically turn off when I'm on calls? I didn't experience this with my old Xiaomi 11 X pro which utilised 5G as well
Thanks
0 Likes
atechfreak
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
On Airtel you will fall back from 5g to 4g VoLTE when you make or receive a call. You should be able to use data when you are on a phone call. Unless you are in an area where there is only 2g & 5g network in that case you will fall back to 2g network & probably won't be able to use data when on a call.
0 Likes
nigsupreme
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Contact your service provider. I had this issue when I shifted to s20 3 years ago. If they go to your profile, the volte option will be disabled from their end. They can enable it for you. And yeah, data will turn off when you're on calls. They'll make you change the sim first, if that won't work then enabling it from their end will do. Try this, it could be the same issue. Mine was Airtel.
cs-member11
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologize for the inconvenience you are facing. We understand your concern and will help you resolve this. Kindly follow the below steps to resolve your issue:

Check device network mode settings
Please follow the below steps.

Step1: Navigate to apps screen and tap on Settings.
Step2: Tap on Connections.
Step3: Tap on Mobile networks.
Step4: Tap on network mode SIM1 or SIM2.
Step5: Select network mode.

Note: We recommend to set device network mode as LTE/3G/2G or 5g (auto connect) mode.

Check network operator settings
Kindly set device network operator as "Automatically".

Please follow the below steps.

Step1: Navigate to apps screen and tap on Settings.
Step2: Tap on Connections.
Step3: Tap on Mobile networks.
Step4: Tap on Network operators.
Step5: Select automatically.
Note: We recommend to set device network operators as LTE/3G/2G (auto connect) mode.
Step6: Tap on OK.
Step7: Registered on network.

In case the issue still occurs. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
312_ramos
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hey

Thank you for your response. I tried everything you said but nothing worked. I'm able to access 5G and 4G as always without the VoLTE.
I had VoLTE on my old phone (Xiaomi Mi 11X Pro 5G) and it's kinda frustrating to see a flagship phone missing this feature.
Whenever I get a phone call, my network auto-disconnects itself.

Please help.
0 Likes
312_ramos
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I don't even see a VoLTE toggle option in the mobile networks screen. That's the surprising part. It's as if the phone does not even support it. Not once I've experienced VoLTE on this phone and it's been like a month since I've bought this.
0 Likes