Original topic:

Vertical green lines in S20+ display after new update

(Topic created on: 02-03-2022 12:02 AM)
Ravi1527
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
ATTENTION FOR SAMSUNG CEO
Let me explain, I have a Samsung Galaxy S20+ and am quite disappointed with Samsung's latest update. I recently received One UI 4.0 update and as result of the update, a green vertical line appeared out of nowhere on my display. I am at a loss for what to do; I have tried booting in safe mode, resetting my device and wiping the cache partition, but nothing has helped and i am still concerned about the green line. Now my warranty has already expired in oct 2021, even the Samsung service is not giving respect and responsibility which is insane. The problem faced by them is almost identical, single or multiple vertical green lines appearing in display. It is the duty of Samsung to protect the interest of all its stakeholders, especially the customers who pay a premium to buy their phone and are entrusted with their money.

The S20+ series is meant to be in the premium category, which means it should be made of high quality materials, yet look at what I am dealing with after only a year of owning the device.

And I would like you to know that many S20 customers are reporting the same problem following the update on the Samsung community.

Many of them reached the service centre and were advised to replace the screen. As you might expect, this so-called premium display will cost a fortune.

Samsung service team has to solve my problem, otherwise they have to replace my display at free of cost immediately without further delay.

Your immediate response is highly appreciated.

shahinahammed
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Bro i can help you
0 Likes
shibasis52
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi can you please help me. I am also facing same problem.

shahinahammed
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Dudushahin@gmail.com mail me
0 Likes
Anand90
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

hi bro,

please mail him he will help u. dudushahin@gmail.com

0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
MikkoN
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Just want to add that my S20+ had the exact same issue (in Singapore), less then 7 weeks out of warranty.

Phone was fine - put it on charge, and once I took it off charge, a green line had appeared. The screen is otherwise faultless - not a single scratch. 

My non-expert theory: 
The latest update has resulted in more overheating during charging for whatever reason - and this has created a hardware defect. Battery or components expand and damage the screen connectors. 

This seems like a hardware issue caused by a software update. 

My theory could of course be completely bogus but the service center should not be requesting payment to replace otherwise mechanically perfect displays. 

0 Likes
kish0411
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

even i am facing from yesterday.

0 Likes
kish0411
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Yes, yesterday night  i have updated software in S20+ and within 15 min that Green line issue persist. poor customer care they dint take my complaint to resolve as it is not wide spread issue.

i dont know what i have to do

0 Likes
Ash88
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

I am also facing green line issue on my 15 month old S20+ suddenly. I have been battling with service center folks and they are asking me to pay 15.5k to fix it? I have written to CEO, posted it in twitter too. Any guidance on this please?

https://twitter.com/MangoManComic/status/1503994054409072641 

0 Likes
RajHimanshu
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

I am also facing this issue ....all of sudden line started appearing ...it never fell anywhere...I use it In a gentle manner ....if I am going to service center..they just saying replace your display ...which actually gonna cost 15500/- for no reason ...that's how they treat their premium segment customers ...and their so called premium devices are worthless.

0 Likes