Original topic:

Used S20 for 6 months, enough is enough

(Topic created on: 09-14-2020 09:46 AM)
Samsung_keYKkQa
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

I am not sure if anyone will read this, consider it my rant for pre-booking the S-20 before reading reviews and the performance of the Indian version. 

It has been around 6 months of using the phone and I realised the performance is quite sub-standard. Definitely not a flagship phone. 

I was initially impressed with S-10s features compared to my Pixel 3. And additional features than stock Android. Even though back then the reports of Exynos was sub standard compared to the Snapdragon, i still found the performance good enough for me. 

And the camera setup was brilliant. 

Enter S-20. 

I hoped to see fluid fast animations with the 120HZ display. But the processor improvement is so meager. And at certain parts worse than its predecessor (Check Anand tech's S-20 review ) 

Now thanks to this, the processor has been throttling so much because of the heat and the display frame rate is getting dropped to 45-60hz. Which is completely unacceptable. 

And i do zero gaming. I get extreme throttling from just browing websites on chrome and browsing through social media. 

Along with this throttling the battery life is sub standard as well. Ive been using a Pixel 4 now. Even though it has 90hz screen and a processor which is over a year old it is extremely fast and fluid. I get the same battery life as the S-20 even though it has a tiny battery. And im more than happy with the pixel's performance and fluid software.

Sorry Samsung, i expected more from you. You design wonderful phones, have the BEST Displays. Period. But your software along with the choice of the components for the Indian version compared to the USA version is way too big which makes a huge difference in usability. 

I have seen with Note 20's difference between the Indian version and the USA version too and I know for a fact that you will not listen to users voices and still have different internals for each phone with inequal performance for the next few years. 

I am just selling my S-20 now with almost a 50% loss and never looking back

Hope the decision of making profit instead of having good customer experience pays out for you. 

Signing off

7 Comments
Galaxy S
first of all, stop crying for all the things you overlooked. you knew the faults and the performance difference b/w 2 chipset, still you bought it, you didn't wanna use it so you sell it off. now why are you coming here to cry, just delete samsung members app and move on with your life man.
Galaxy S

You are missing the point where i said I pre-booked the device. Samsung did not advertise a 20% performance drop from the SD version on all their promotions. If they did, i would not have prebooked the device. 

Simple. Since I do have a Samsung device and I have all rights to discuss about it in a public forum about a device i purchased, I am doing that. 

If you are happy with your sub-par Indian variant of the devices, good for you. 

You don't have to come complain about a personal opinion on a public forum and no one is forcing you. You should enjoy your variant and move on with your life  :) 

Galaxy S
you think samsung will advertise the low performance of their exynos version, then you're clearly too smart (sarcasm if you didn't get it). and you mentioned that you're selling it for 50% loss, just sell it know, get away with it. what's the point of crying here if you've made up your mind. it's not like samsung will come and give you the SD version. you're the one who needs to move on bro. god bless you
0 Likes
Galaxy S

Haha ofcourse they aren't going to advertise their inferior performance during launch for sure. They're following the footsteps of a certain company named after a fruit with their deceptive marketing. 

But actions like this should be called out publicly. And my rant on their own forum is an open feedback so that if they decide to improve their services they may collectively see the number of customers they've lost with their  new strategy. 

Do you remember TouchWiz? Do you think they themselves proactively took it down and started OneUI from scratch or it was cause of feedback and other opinions from their users. 

Thats what my rant is about.

Here's to hoping they take all our feedback and create equal phones worldwide. 

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Sad to hear that bro. And you are doing the right thing. Good luck for your pixel journey.
Galaxy S

Thank you. 

I hope Samsung does listen to feedback like this and improve in the future and do not have huge performace gaps between phones sold under the same name. 

Cheers. 

tr91
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
This is the first time I have heard a pixel device has better battery life! I have used P1, P2 & P3. Performance - yes, there's no doubt in the solid performance by pixel. but battery life - I don't agree. my pixel 3 gives me a SOT of 4 hours max for the usage of browsing social media and watching Netflix/youtube. But S20 gives me a good 6 hours SOT easily (in 60Hz, Under 96Hz with medium power settings, it comes around 5 hours).. And about the throttling you face for normal usage is weird. I play games which are GPU friendly..still It doesn't throttle.. initially it used to reach 40deg.C easily..but after 2 months now, it barely crosses 35 deg.C for the same usage..even I was planning to jump back to pixel because of heating initially. But the sub par battery life of pixel and display of S20 stops me everytime. you can give a second thought about switching over!
0 Likes