Original topic:

Usability of Indian variant in UK/Australia

(Topic created on: 11-11-2022 06:38 PM)
Urvi21
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

I plan to buy the Galaxy S22 (Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 Processor) in India. However, I will have to factor in the compatibility of this variant in the UK/ Australia, especially since the UK has the Exynos variant. Are there any issues or problems I might face due to this? For instance, regarding the servicing, 5G connectivity, region-specific updates etc?

I would highly appreciate each input!

0 Likes
12 Comments
kumar6789
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
No, if you buy s22 in India you will get snapdragon version.
0 Likes
rohans69
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Exynos has more 5G bands than Snapdragon but that doesn't mean it ll not support 5G in UK cause Snapdragon still has around (17 5g Bands) and thats more than enough in UK but one of the carriers in UK has a 5g band which is only supported by Exynos and apple's bionic chip.
So unless and until you are using the specific carrier you won't face any problems.
Urvi21
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

That's great!

Would there be any issues if my phone needs servicing in the UK? 

Also, I heard getting regular updates might be a problem since these updates are region-specific. Is it the case?

0 Likes
rohans69
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Sorry ,Samsung as of now doesn't provide international warranty.
As of now if you need International warranty,Only apple and Oppo's Find series provide it.
0 Likes
Urvi21
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Yes warranty aside, I assume servicing an s22 with the snapdragon processor in the UK isn't difficult?

0 Likes
rohans69
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Well in India or US if I Go to a service centre with a device bought from any other country they won't even repair the device even if I decide to pay for it.They'll say that you should service it in the country which you bought it from and I don't think its any different in UK

Well either you can go to UK and buy an Exynos varient or go for iphone 13 for the same price.
0 Likes
YuvixM
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
You just need to compare the 5g bands for both countries, which will most probably be same. But do check.
I would recommend you to buy iphone instaed
0 Likes
Urvi21
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Where do I compare this?

0 Likes
Galaxy S
GSM arena website
0 Likes