Original topic:

Upgrade to s23 series

(Topic created on: 01-21-2023 12:00 PM)
asuvath
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
Hi I'm using s21fe for past 1 year and battery drain very fast not impressive at all. So I want to upgrade to s23/s23 plus it is worth to move s23 series or keep this??? Please let. Me know which is best???
6 Comments
Nilesh_Shah
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
It is more of an individual priority/decision. If i were you, i will not spend a higher cost just for Battery Drain. But if we are getting new model with good exchange discounts, go for it.
Karan087
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
To be honest with you do not rely on youtubers at all for reviews.

Youtubers only use the phone for a week or may may 2 weeks and that's about it.

It is the user who purchases the device and uses for long term can only tell whether the device is good or not.

I am using S22 Ultra since launch date and initially the battery life was great but
with updates samsung ruined it miserably.

I did say wait for sometime before buying and read online articles whether the device is good or not and worth to buy.

S23 will be a no no as it is a small device and will get warm and throttle quite quickly, S23 plus will be okish in heat management and S23 ultra will be good.
0 Likes
Roshan5
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Wait for 3 months for Users Reviews.

I am Using S22 Ultra
But
Battery Backup Decreased.
Facing Problem with Video Recording at FHD60 With AUTO FPS Option is ON.
Low Brightness Problem when Watching HDR Videos on NETFLIX.
0 Likes
jhpandu
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Better stay away from Samsung. You will not get good battery backup. It will have camera bugs, poor audio quality etc. Find some good mobile in iqoo, realme, one plus..u will not camera quality as samsung but these mobiles would perform excellent in other areas...i have s22 plus and i am putting charge daily twice..lot og bugs..no bug fixes yet
0 Likes
saarang007
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
In all these years, what I've found out is 'battery drain' largely depends on optimization by the user -

1) The kind of apps you have installed...are they from official source (Play Store)? Many people install 3rd party .apk files and keep complaining about poor battery.
Even apps installed from official sources also need to be properly optimized by devs for your OS version otherwise they may cause battery drain, in addition to causing other bugs.

2) Did you properly Factory Reset your phone after major OS update? Usually once a year. This will also fix 99% bugs and phone will be like brand new.
It's also good idea to just Wipe Cache from Recovery around every 3-4 months.

3) Is the network range in your area good? If poor network coverage, this directly impacts battery % and very few people know about this.

4) Have you turned off any unwanted functions/features which do not need to be kept on all the time? They can be switched on if needed. Like NFC, Sync, WiFi calling, etc.

5) Using Dark Mode can definitely help in preserving some battery life.

6) Apps that do not need to run in bg (like games) can be added to automatically go to 'sleep' once closed from battery settings.

So considering all these factors, 'battery drain' does not completely depend on the device but also on how a person uses/optimizes their device properly.
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung member,

Greetings from Samsung customer support.

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and will surely assist you regarding the same. And please follow the easy troubleshooting steps which might help to solve the issue.

Battery optimization helps you to boost the battery performance of your device. To check battery optimization:

Settings > Select Device Maintenance/Device Care > Optimize > Optimize all options like Battery, Storage and Memory

Kindly turn off the smart features of the device and other connectivity features when not in use, which will eventually help you to reduce battery power consumption (smart features such as Motion gestures in advance feature and Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Hotspot, etc.).

Please follow the below steps:
1. Swipe down on the home screen to open the notification panel.
2. Tap on Bluetooth, Location/GPS, Wi-Fi, Mobile hotspot, NFC, etc. to turn off.

In case the issue still occurs. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.
Warm regard,
Samsung customer support

0 Likes