Original topic:

Upgrade S20FE to S20FE 5G

(Topic created on: 04-06-2021 04:12 AM)
Harshavardhan_B
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I'd be really happy if Samsung allowed us, S20 FE exynos users to be able to upgrade to S20FE 5G, for a minimal cost.

Everything is perfect with this phone except the temperatures and the awful battery life. To be honest, I started hating the device for the batter performance and the heat it generates. 

Using the camera for just about 5 or 10 mins outdoors makes my phone go over 42°C.

So is it a waste of investment buying the Exynos variant? I don't think so. Considering the water resistance, DeX, Stereo speakers, flagship cameras and more such gimmicks, it sure is a worthy buy, but as the most basic need to have your phone survive till the end of the day is a basic necessity and having a phone that can run smooth instead of heating up to temperatures competent to your morning cup or coffee isn't a bliss for sure.

I really wanna see an upgrade program for this device to the snapdragon variant. With nominal price to pay ofcourse. Atleast to be able to get the upgrade for a price of around or less than 100USD.
5 Comments
Maddy210
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
+1
0 Likes
User28
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Let me tell my story. I use an S10. For casual daily use, no complaints. Start the camera and use it for 5 mins, the phone becomes a toaster with temps nearing 38 or 39. Use you tube for half an hour, the temps cross 40. Strangely, if I Use Real Racing 3 game for 45 mins, the temps barely touches 36.

The device seems to be very nicely optimized for gaming but not for daily usage apps. Weird. Investing half a lakh rupees and hearing that your device has only 50% perfection and you need to adjust with the rest is not at all acceptable from Samsung. When we are investing such huge amounts, we expect perfection. Not "near perfection" devices.
Galaxy S
Exactly 💯
0 Likes
Maddy210
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
🤞🤞
0 Likes
Galaxy S
We must try to get talking to samsung India now. The kind of heating that I'm facing is almost unreal.
0 Likes