Original topic:

Update Policy Sucks Still Waiting for updates for S7Edge !!!

(Topic created on: 09-26-2017 07:10 PM)
VinayRai
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
After looking at the treatment Flagship S7 Edge is getting from Samsung, why would any1 choose Samsung as their next phone while upgrading. They
dont provide necessary updates on time neither they are bothered to update the phone to Samsung Exp 8.1. Still the phone runs on 7.0 Nougat means it is still missing the 7.1.1 Battery and performance stability. Even phone like J76 and A series 2016 phones got the latest Samsung UI.

Looking at this trend i would go for iphone, the least i could have is better timely updates. Even 5s received iOS 11 THATS 2013 Model am talking abt.

Why would any1 pay more than 50k to be treated like this.
7 Comments
Rushikesh
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Damn right bro samsung did not provide updates as apple...
5s is 4 years older but get ios 11
lunaticfiend
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Apple released 4 phones after 5S until this month, while Samsung released almost 15 phones each year. Moreover considering Samsung doesn't have complete control over OS, it's not hard to guess which manufacturer can push updates faster.
0 Likes
VinayRai
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Am talking abt Nougat 7.1.1 which is released way back by Google not Oreo. Even after considering that Samsung has to wait for Google's approval, they sudnt take this much time. Also 8.1 is Samsung's UI and even low end phones have this. So its matter of pushing the upgrade or not. And regarding 15 phones in a year, its samsung's problem not mine. I need better post sale service.
0 Likes
Lightning
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
my last phone is s7 edge and my next phone is iphone
0 Likes
lunaticfiend
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
S7 edge got Nougat update before 8.1 experience was launched with S8. So you will get UI update with next system update - Oreo, and I don't see how your phone experience becomes bad with the existing UI. And even S8 hasn't got an update to 7.1.1 from 7.0, and Samsung will mostly skip it in favour of 8.0 as it is a minor update and doesn't affect a lot of devices outside of Nexus/Pixel line-up.
admin_
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Thanks for part of Samsung community. Would like to tell you Samsung experience 8.1 will be updated as soon as possible in next update so kindly be with us.
0 Likes
VinayRai
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Next security update or OS update ??
0 Likes