Original topic:

[Update: Galaxy S8, too] Galaxy S8+ October security patch released in India

(Topic created on: 11-14-2017 08:22 PM)
hasnan
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Galaxy S8+ October security patch

Once Samsung releases Android 8.0 Oreo, this concern about security patches not arriving on time might fade away. That’s because by then everyone will just be waiting to find out when they’ll get a taste of Oreo.

Samsung has started rolling out firmware version G955FXXU1AQJ5 for the Galaxy S8+ in India. We’ve received this own our handset and it should be rolling out for the Galaxy S8 as well.

The update weighs in at 493MB and brings the October 2017 security patch. It also improves the stability of DeX mode and the launcher. The usual slew of performance improvements and bug fixes will also be on board.

The Galaxy S8+ October security patch is now rolling out over-the-air in India. We have the same firmware build available for download from our firmware section as well. It’s for a carrier-branded model of the Galaxy S8+ in Israel

Update: The same update is now rolling out to the regular Galaxy S8 in India, as reported by our readers. We have also added a link to the full Indian firmware; download it here for the S8 and here for the S8+.

bf2c6c1c-24ed-4154-91bc-4d49bf14710b.jpg
515ca1b2-281f-432d-b312-ff1888b48e8a.jpg
17 Comments
Galaxy S
when will arrive october security patch update for j7 prime??
0 Likes
admin_
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Thanks for being with Samsung and for sharing your feedback. Sir, Samsung offers you the best value on the product released. Updates are rolling out by time to time for the devices, However it totally depends on the availability and compatibility of the update with the devices.

Be sure to hit ♡ when you find an answer that works for you.
afdmin
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
update android 8.0 oreo
0 Likes
s8battery
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
after doing this update my mobile is not getting battery life plzzz help me with this
WaseemC
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
when j7 pro will get october security patch??
0 Likes
Tyan
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
can I update Oreo beta
0 Likes
pmurali
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
j7
0 Likes
Tyan