Original topic:

Unable to update s10. Registration failed

(Topic created on: 10-19-2021 07:00 PM)
liahus
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hello,

My s10 recently crashed while updating during a power failure. This was a device purchased in US, unlocked and using in India and now in Abudhabi

I took the phone to a Samsung approved center, after 5 days they said I have to change motherboard. I did. After that phone booted up. Everything looked normal. But phone cannot update it says connecting to server, registration failed. Android update shows nov 2020. Phone is on Android 10.

Tried resetting Everything nothing worked
Tried the Samsung switch didn't work. Said phone is upto date
Tried Samsung members notice to update to 11. Couldn't do it.

Its safe to say I need an expert opinion.

I am Samsung fan boy. I have s9+,10,21 ultra,watch,tab and I don't want to just keep this gorgeous phone in storage.

Kindly assist

Regards
Suhail

3 Comments
ProgRidha
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Is there SIM Card inside the phone and is it functional? Sometimes if no SIM Card it could cause this issue
0 Likes
liahus
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
With sim and without sim same result.. I tried both options.. the sim works fine on another phone. I feel like the phone has to be registered under Samsung for updates.. waiting for the mod to reply
0 Likes
liahus
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I finally figured it out.

The phone has a Korean firmware with imei registered in hongkong. Calls are still working. Last update is for this version is android 10. I found out by installing an app which said my phone is rooted.

What should I do. Should I return the phone to Samsung center asking them to fix the issue?

Or can I use another firmware on this phone?

My current firmware number is G973NU5DTH7
0 Likes