Original topic:

Ultimate Battery Saving Tips

(Topic created on: 06-10-2022 12:07 AM)
Nafis001
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Firstly, if you've just bought a new device, then wait for 2-3 weeks to properly optimized your battery as it's in learning phase.

Secondly, you have to tweak few settings (without sacrificing performance and features). Before we begin, it is recommended to wipe cache partition and repair apps from recovery mode (search on YouTube). Don't worry; it'll not format your data.

1. Battery and Device Care> Battery> More Battery Settings> Turn on Adaptive Battery.

2. Battery and Device Care> Battery> Background usage limits> Deep sleep and sleep unnecessary/unused apps.

3. Notifications> Included apps> uncheck the apps which notifications are not so important.

4. Display> Dark Mode for all time or schedule it for Night time. 

5. Settings> Google> Devices and Sharing> Devices, Nearby share, Nearby connections all must be turn off.

6. Settings> Location> Location services> Turn off Wifi scanning and Bluetooth scanning.

7. Settings> Connections> More connection settings> Nearby device scanning turn off.

8. Settings> Connections> More connection settings> Printing> Turn off Default Print Service (if you don't use your device to print)

9. Settings> Connections> NFC and contactless payments> Turn off (You don't use it everyday. So you have no need to turn on all the time).

10. Settings> Connections> Mobile Networks> Set network mode LTE/3G/2G. Don't set "5G/LTE/3G/2G" unless you use 5G network. 

11. Developer options> Suspend execution for cached apps> Enable

12. Settings> Privacy> Usage & Diagnostics> Turn off

13. Settings> Privacy>Customization Service> Customized ads and direct marketing> Turn off

14. Set Bixby Routines to turn on power saving mode at bedtime. Settings> Advanced Features> Adaptive Routines> Save Battery at Night (or you can manually customize your routine according to your taste). 

15. Battery and Device Care> Memory> Turn off "RAM Plus". 

16. Uninstall unnecessary apps and bloatwares.

17. Many user close/kill the apps from background just after using it. Never do this. As Android resource handling mechanism is different from iOS, when you always close the apps from background immediately, it actually drains more battery than saving. 

Bonus (Some compromisation with User Experience):

1. Settings> Accounts and Backup> Manage Accounts> Turn off Auto Sync. Data (You have to sync manually).

2. Always use Dark/Amoled Wallpaper on Home Screen.

3. Don't use video wallpaper.

4. Turn off Bluetooth, Location etc. when you are not using it.

5. Turn off sim card that you don't use (Settings> Connections> Sim Card Manager).

6. Set the Display at FHD+ and 60Hz refresh rate (Display> Motion Smoothness> Standard).

7. Turn off Adaptive Brightness (Display> Adaptive Brightness) and adjust brightness manually as it always runs proximity sensor in the background.

8. Settings> Connections> Wi-Fi> Advanced> Turn on Wi-Fi Power Saving Mode.

9. Settings> Connections> Bluetooth> Advanced> Turn off Music Share.

10. Settings> Battery and Device Care> Automation> Turn on Adaptive power saving. 

11. Settings> Display> Turn off Edge Panels

12. Settings> Notifications> Brief pop-up settings> Edge Lighting Style> None

[Note: These tips are applicable for all android devices, though some settings might not be available in your device]
5 Comments
sylvan1975
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi there. I would like to ask if it's necessary to wait for 2-3 weeks to properly optimize the battery before we tweak the settings or just go ahead and tweak even if the phone is in learning phase? Looking forward to your reply. Thank you.

0 Likes
Nafis001
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
You can tweak the settings even if it is in the learning phase. But my recommendation is to do it after the learning phase is over.
0 Likes
sylvan1975
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Thank you for your reply. My phone is actually a month old now and i was wondering if i can still do that by doing factory reset then tweak the phone after the learning phase?

0 Likes
Nafis001
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
No problem at all... Learning phase and optimisation are software related issue. You can still factory reset your phone and set everything from scratch.
0 Likes
sylvan1975
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I will do that. Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it.🙂 Have a good one!

0 Likes