Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

UV tempered glass

(Topic created on: 07-18-2021 05:19 AM)
Rathna6
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
 How are your experiences with UV tempered glass screen protectors. I heard that UV glue is harmful for screen , power and volume buttons , mic and speakers. I am looking for a tempered glass. But worries about that risk..

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Halan
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
You need to cover speakers and charging port , before put uv glue on to the screen. Its not that much bad as u say. Try to find something branded. But u will face bad experience on fingerprint scaner. It would need to be press much harder to work. Its better to watch some videos on youtube and u can do it by ur self

View solution in context

Solution
Galaxy S
I've used uv screen protectors for 3 years. I've never had to cover the ports because it never drips down there. I watched tons of YouTube tutorials anyway. The UV glue only gets hardened by UV rays (even sunlight) it doesn't cause any damage to the screen or anything like that.

Its a very good option for curved displays. My phones doesn't have an in display finger print sensor, so i can't tell u about the experience there. Though logically speaking, i feel like re registering your fingerprints after the installation of the screen protector should solve the issue, maybe I'm wrong. Hope this helps. Please ask any questions

View solution in context

9 Comments
Solution
Halan
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
You need to cover speakers and charging port , before put uv glue on to the screen. Its not that much bad as u say. Try to find something branded. But u will face bad experience on fingerprint scaner. It would need to be press much harder to work. Its better to watch some videos on youtube and u can do it by ur self
Rathna6
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Thanks 👍
0 Likes
Solution
Galaxy S
I've used uv screen protectors for 3 years. I've never had to cover the ports because it never drips down there. I watched tons of YouTube tutorials anyway. The UV glue only gets hardened by UV rays (even sunlight) it doesn't cause any damage to the screen or anything like that.

Its a very good option for curved displays. My phones doesn't have an in display finger print sensor, so i can't tell u about the experience there. Though logically speaking, i feel like re registering your fingerprints after the installation of the screen protector should solve the issue, maybe I'm wrong. Hope this helps. Please ask any questions
Rathna6
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Great answer 😃 thank you !
Galaxy S
Happy to help :) if you were satisfied, please accept my answer as a solution :) much appreciated
Rathna6
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
How can I do that
Galaxy S
I think if u click on my original comment and the 3 dot menu next t o it, it might be there, if not don't worry about it.. maybe its not build into this part of the forum :)
Rathna6
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Done
Galaxy S
Thank you :)
0 Likes