Original topic:

URGENT ### S10 + (plus) Front Camera face is smudged blurry if back lightning

(Topic created on: 03-08-2019 01:49 PM)
AJindia
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
ONLY WHEN THERE IS BACKLIGHT OR A BRIGHT WINDOW BEHIND. but compared to s7 edge the pictures were even better when there was back lighting. Because that made the photos much more smoother and even lighting. THIS IS SOME SOFTWARE ISSUE. MAYBE. THE CAMERA MUST BE ABLE TO USE THE BACK LIGHTING FOR ITS ADVANTAGE LIKE S7 EDGE. 

Who else is facing this issue. I just got the new phone and the front camera is bad compared to my s7 edge.

Front Camera is terrible even bad than my last phone Samsung s7 edge. Its really bad trust me. I am loyal Samsung user. The front photos sometimes comes smudgy and only rarely clear. S10 PLUS FRONT CAMERA NEEDS GOOD LIGHTING THAT IS ISSUE. I HOPE IS SOFTWARE. HDR RELATED. I TURNED OFF HDR STILL BAD. AND. TURN ON HDR STILL CANT SEE BACKGROUND ALL WASHED OUT. Compared to s7 edge it was always super clear. HDR is behaving bad. Turned off still bad. Beauty mode tested. Something wrong. If you wear glasses or sometimes backlight is more then the face and hair becomes so blurry and smudged And this is a suggestion. PRO mode Get the save option back With names. So I can save settings for food photography For low light For dull faces For extra bright faces For nature For bright lights Please allow us to save the setting in Pro mode with name Thanks Got the s10 plus I hope the update will come soon 

Update 14th March
GUYS THIS CANNOT BE CORRECTED SADLY!!!!! READ MY NEW POST ABOUT THE CAMERA HARDWARE. TERRIBLE MISTAKE buying the s10 plus

Samsung Community we cannot type reply comments 
They keep showing error maximum character reached even few words.
0 Likes
17 Comments
AJindia
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
you think its software issue. means front camera if good light nice pic. but back light bad rite. so is it software issue
0 Likes
AJindia
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I have updated my post. hardware wise the camera is fine. I hope. if someone else is facing same issue. or is my camera hardware wise bad. let me. know. TAKE A PHOTO STANDING AHEAD OF A BRIGHT WINDOW BACK TOWARDS THE WINDOW SO YOU WILL KNOW THE BACK LIGHT FROM WINDOW SPOILS YOUR FACE N PHOTOS COME BLURRY UNCLEAR.
0 Likes
AJindia
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
if you agree its software issue. please post in bold. and put a number 1 2 3 . keep increasing the number so we know how many people agree.

1 people 👈🏼 AGREE
(Started by AjIndia)
SOFTWARE. ISSUE.
ONLY BAD IN BACK LIGHT
HDR NOT WORKING.
BACK BACKGROUND WASHED OUT
YES
YES
0 Likes
AJindia
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
no wonder why
I hate you Samsung
I got the phone without seeing this
you downgrade low light selfie camera from 1.7 to 1.9 that's terrible. mistake.817c5fd8-76be-4b77-b054-bebfe76405c5.jpg
0 Likes
Faladino
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Have you tried cleaning the front facing camera lenses? I am sure that's the problem cos i thought my camera was bad until I cleaned it and it became so clear and sharp .

0 Likes
Danic
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

My Samsung 10plus was brought in April and for the last month has been in and out of Samsung 3 times now and has the intermittent fault with the front camera being blurry. I've just got it back with the front camera supposedlysamsung 10 + photo.jpg replaced and to my shock horror, it's even worse!!! I can even see only a small bit of an image clear through the front camera. Ironic how Samsung keep saying it's not an issue when clearly there are others having the same issue

AJindia
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
yup they have totally messed up and hardware wise they cannot recall and fix for all. they are just ignoring. see my other post about front camera. out of 2 cameras if u Tape one one them with a Tape. then also both modes will work the zoom and non zoom. then what was the point of giving that stupid zoom 1st camera which opens then we have to click to change to wider view. when the lens used is same all the time. are we fools. anyways that zoom view no one needs. plus the non zoom wider view is not actually that wide compared to my s7 edge. a50 or m20 or s9 or note. the original camera can click much wider which we need but the quality of that is horrible. see my other post.
0 Likes
Vernick25
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Having this issue also makes me regret buying it